got some 15X10 wheels, will I need spacers? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got some wheels off Craigslist for my 83 fj60... these are 15X10 and the tie-rod is pretty close to the wheel, about a 1/4 inch, see pic. Will I run into potential problems with the wheel/tie-rod hitting each other? will it be ok or should I look at getting spacers for the front?

TIA,
ML
IMG_1791.jpg
IMG_1795.jpg

wheel weights

If you have 1/4" of clearance you will be fine but you must use tape style weights inside the wheels. The crimp on weights that lock on the rim's bead area will hit the tie rod end. My progressive Five Stars have less than an 1/8 inch of clearance.

Good looking wheels! I have some on my 77 Bronco.

you also might want to make sure the rims aren't hitting the caliper. My wheels were super close to the TREs like yours is and it was also wearing the caliper body. Some people let it grind down from the wheel, others grind it down themselves, and others buy the spacers. I wish my wheels looked that good

If you have 1/4" of clearance you will be fine but you must use tape style weights inside the wheels. The crimp on weights that lock on the rim's bead area will hit the tie rod end. My progressive Five Stars have less than an 1/8 inch of clearance.

Good looking wheels! I have some on my 77 Bronco.

Thanks deltapine, got them cheap on CL. I'll make sure I request the taped on weights when I get new tires for my wagon...

you also might want to make sure the rims aren't hitting the caliper. My wheels were super close to the TREs like yours is and it was also wearing the caliper body. Some people let it grind down from the wheel, others grind it down themselves, and others buy the spacers. I wish my wheels looked that good

mcgovern, the wheels do not hit the calipers. I have the 4 runner calipers on and it clears fine.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom