Well here she is a project that wont give me much trouble hopefully... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After some debate between the early 90s and the late 80s land cruisers I opted for the late 80s since to me it looked more 'vintage' so i did some searching far and wide and my main goal was to find one that didnt leak anything and body was in good conditon. this is the best I could find for the price. I looked for some in worst condition with major rust spots folks were asking upwards to 8k :crybaby: I couldnt believe it then I found this one for 4600 asked to come down to 4300. I felt it was still kinda high since the tires didnt matched, but after searching ebay, craigslist, and autotrader it was a decent price. I plan to keep her stock as much as possible at first and then go from there.
101_0460.jpg

101_0459.jpg

101_0458.jpg

101_0454.jpg

101_0453.jpg

101_0452.jpg

Congrats. Great stating point. I am digging those seats. GL.

Dang leather seats! Nice!

"Well here she is a project that wont give me much trouble hopefully..."

Famous last words... :D

Here's your official 'mud welcome: :flipoff2:

Dang leather seats! Nice!

"Well here she is a project that wont give me much trouble hopefully..."

Famous last words... :D

Here's your official 'mud welcome: ************
hahaha..please dont jinx me she ran beutifully yesterday for 140 miles on highway ha haha....:) I just want her to start up and go. :grinpimp:

Just keep a little 'cruiser' fund started to fix what ever it may be. Hoses and what not, rotted valves and emissions components. I like the red; it was a tough call between blue and red for me. I can't believe what cruisers go for in Cali. I picked up mine stock for $1800 (although I'm probably pushing $6K at this point in total investment after lift and other fixes)

Start looking over your engine compartment with a flashlight for bad vacuum hoses and busted or missing connections. cheap to fix and you will get to know the engine space better. I found rotted vacuum lines, broken BVSV valve, a BB in a vacuum line, coolant leaks... and it still ran fine, but it runs better now.
If you put bigger tires on the power steering unit may fail, be prepared.

Welcome to the affliction/addiction!

Nice looking rig... Happy building!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom