70 FJ40 what's it worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
I know of a person trying to sell his 1970 FJ40. He is the original owner 67K miles. He replaced the engine to a 75 2F bacause of valve problems on the original F145. Pretty sure the original motor is still around. Original paint and seats. Ramsey PTO has been added as well as a aux gas tank. This cruiser has been in AZ since new. I may be around the 40 this weekend and can take more picture.
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG

Wow! Thats pretty.
Is that extra filler for the factory aux tank? or is it aftermarket?

Wow! Thats pretty.
Is that extra filler for the factory aux tank? or is it aftermarket?

No OEM aux. gas tank for the FJ40s that I know of this one is after market. The filler neck is a lot nicer than the one in my 61/68/73 cruisers. The main use of the cruiser was to drive up to Northern Arizona to go hunting over the years. The owner in now to old to go go hunting. He is now trying to sell off his toys. I will also being getting some of his cruiser parts to sell for him. He is a WWII vet who flew in bombers and just trying to help him out.

Wow that looks pretty clean compared all the junk I see lately on Craig s list LV that aut be worth 8 - 9K going by whats out there.

1972 fj40 $8,300 new 1f no top and Diamond plate ever ware

5K for a 65fj40, non running Bondo Queen :meh:

7,200 for a 74 repainted Navy Blue and aluminum rear corners :rolleyes: that will feel real nice in the desert SUN :eek:

A low miles 65 fj40 7,500 for a corrugated hard top ( owner said the top Is homemade ) :lol: lot of serface rust.

1969 FJ40 4,100 Camo paint and Alumunam rockers :hillbilly:

You can see the date stamp from when I took these pictures. That the last time I seen it. I did start it at that time. It is registered and insured to be on the road. Before I backed out the license plate I noticed the tags were still current. I probably could test drive it this weekend. Really don't want to. Would be to temped to buy. All really have way to many 40s. None of my are as original or clean as this one.

Be a shame to pass this one up. Be a bigger shame to do anything other than bring it back to its original showroom condition.

It is kind of a interesting rear bumper made out of heavy angle iron. The hitch was used to pull a 1/4 ton military trailer he use to own. I will check to see if he can find the original reflectors. I believe he has bumperettes and a rear step.

Very nice! I'd think someone out there would bite at 10k, or just under.

Swap out the rear bumper and put the reflectors/bumperettes back on and that would be the most stock I've seen.

BTW what is the black knob on the left of the steering wheel?

I would think it would bring around $10G. I bought my 77 in Tucson when I lived there and AZ cruisers are some of the best I've seen.

Wow. Very, very nice.

If you buy this, please do not convert it to a 'rockcrawler,' install a Camaro V8, or otherwise radically modify it.

drooling... I would pay 6-7k.

Nice john

I would say 10K as well

10K+ on ebay...a wash and cleaning you might be suprised ...would love to get there and detail that thing...very cool

the tool kit and other stuff would bring more sold separetly :meh:

what you do is say...and for an extra$$$ you could also get ...

Wow, that is nice. I wish I had seen that one before I bought my '69 in AZ. That one is in great shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom