Clear Creek Clean up Run May 15th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clear Creek Cleanup... brings back fond memories. I still have quite a few dash plaques on my FJ40 from the good ol' days. Of course in those days, there wasn't any vehicular traffic up there, other than short wheelbase 4 wheel drives... so in other words pretty much FJ40's with a spattering of mini trucks. I think the last dash plaque I have was from 1997? Wow! Has it been 14 years since they paved that road, the horror, the horror...

Clear Creek Cleanup... brings back fond memories. I still have quite a few dash plaques on my FJ40 from the good ol' days. Of course in those days, there wasn't any vehicular traffic up there, other than short wheelbase 4 wheel drives... so in other words pretty much FJ40's with a spattering of mini trucks. I think the last dash plaque I have was from 1997? Wow! Has it been 14 years since they paved that road, the horror, the horror...

Yep, we tried to do one late last fall but the snow moved in before anything could be organized. Unfortunately with the paving of the road in there the garbage that paved roads carry made it in there too.

We just hope to clean it up a bit, not going to be fixing any tubs or anything. May have some time after to explore the area a bit as I have not been up there much.

No dash plaques as we are just a bunch of back country enthusiasts getting together for a day to clean up a mess.

:cheers:

The garbage accumulation isn't limited to vehicle traffic, in fact you'd think that since it's easier to get in/out that people would take some garbage out with them. In the old days, most everybody hiked in with all their crap, but never bothered to pack anything out. Of course, the drunken debauchery ran rampant... the things that happened in those tubs, if only they could speak

The garbage accumulation isn't limited to vehicle traffic, in fact you'd think that since it's easier to get in/out that people would take some garbage out with them. In the old days, most everybody hiked in with all their ****, but never bothered to pack anything out. Of course, the drunken debauchery ran rampant... the things that happened in those tubs, if only they could speak

Yeah, surprising that its not a garbage dump really. I guess in a large part due to the CC in the day making sure it was cleaned every year.

Anyone want to relive the old days and come along?

So far we have quite a few Cruisers coming from OLC.

fj80
fzj80
HDJ81
HJ60

I will also be on the 4WDABC run on the 14th if anyone is going on that this month.

:cheers:

Maybe. Been a while since I went up. Not sure how much time I'll have though.

Sad thing is with May long the following weekend, this clean up effort likely won't be recognizable 2 weeks later. Then the early summer grad parties always seem to lead to a couple more burnt cars up there :mad:.

Maybe. Been a while since I went up. Not sure how much time I'll have though.

Sad thing is with May long the following weekend, this clean up effort likely won't be recognizable 2 weeks later. Then the early summer grad parties always seem to lead to a couple more burnt cars up there :mad:.

Some really good points I have not thought about. I guess the best we can do is clean up what is there and then at least there is not 2x the garbage and junk up there.

We have no way of dragging any burnt cars out of the area, do not think any of us want to take that one on.

We have no way of dragging any burnt cars out of the area, do not think any of us want to take that one on.

From what I recall of various cleanups, the RCMP do not want cars dragged out. Simply observe and report the VIN/plates (if possible) and they will deal with it.

From what I recall of various cleanups, the RCMP do not want cars dragged out. Simply observe and report the VIN/plates (if possible) and they will deal with it.

Yeah that's the plan after talking with the RCMP about it today.

I've never been up that way, what is the road like? I have a stock Tundra 4x4 as the Cruiser is in pieces and could haul out some trash but it is limited to where it can fit and clearance compared to an 80. I was away for Easter break and missed out on the Sylvester cleanup.

Jeremy A.

I could drive a Honda Civic up there

Alrighty then, I should be ok.

Always funny when you drive up to a lake and the road is steep, winding with drainage ditches etc and you use 4wd so you don't chew up the road. When you get to the top, low and behold there is a camaro and a motorhome and you think how much they must have beat the hell out of them to get here??

I could drive a Honda Civic up there

Maybe a 1985 honda civic, I can't see one of those low riding plastic things getting past the first big pot hole!:hillbilly:

Depends what the winter was like. A good rain on snow storm and the creek crossings get washed out enough to keep the civics out. Well, maybe not the stolen civics. For some strange reason, the road keeps getting repaired.

I have seen some fairly low slung vehicles up there, or course, they were being driven by high school students.
Maybe a Honda Civic was a stretch, how about a Subaru?

Alrighty then, I should be ok.

Always funny when you drive up to a lake and the road is steep, winding with drainage ditches etc and you use 4wd so you don't chew up the road. When you get to the top, low and behold there is a camaro and a motorhome and you think how much they must have beat the **** out of them to get here??

I think you will be fine......I saw a Tundra yesterday that had a long box crew cab......man was it long! I still do not think that would be a problem other than brake over angle.

I have seen some fairly low slung vehicles up there, or course, they were being driven by high school students.
Maybe a Honda Civic was a stretch, how about a Subaru?

Yeah pretty sad, we saw a mini van up there one time. Sort of made us feel like posers when we pull up in our jacked up trucks :hillbilly:

Anyone that has posted or not posted in this thread planing on coming? I have edited the thread on OLC to reflect a few changes, mainly bring your own lunch and any garbage bags you would like to donate or use.

Sorry for the change i just cant foot the bill for food and stuff on top of the gas bill I will incur.

Any empties collected will be used to off set the dump costs.

Jeremy, will you be at the CC meeting tomorrow night to discuss or rally the troops so to speak?

Jeremy A

Jeremy, will you be at the CC meeting tomorrow night to discuss or rally the troops so to speak?

Jeremy A

I wish I could but I have a 2nd job tuesdays and thursdays so will not be at a meet for the forseable future.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom