updating windshield wiper arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The arms on my 60 need some loving, but i was wondering if i can find arms with the updated fitting so i dont have to use the adapter. Meaning i want to go from the straight end to a U shaped end. Anyone know what arms would fit?

i want to go from this style

to this style
WIPER_ARM_WINDSHIELD_WIPER_ARM_AUTO_WIPER.jpg
W01331629102SWF.JPG

Hooked End Style

The PO put a "J" hook adapter on my arms. The arms are actually drilled and tapped and the adapters are screwed with little screws to the arm. It works but looks dippy.

Just took the drivers side off of my 94 FJ80 and put it on my 87 FJ60 and it worked just fine. Just need to use the mounting bolt fron the 80 series to hold the arm on.

HTH you all.

Wife thinks i am even more strange now.

Just took the drivers side off of my 94 FJ80 and put it on my 87 FJ60 and it worked just fine. Just need to use the mounting bolt fron the 80 series to hold the arm on.

HTH you all.

Thanks man:cheers:

How do the arm lengths compare?

Alright.

The arms are an inch off. The arms on the 60 are about 17 inches from bolt to pivot point on the arm. The arm on the 80 are 18 inches for the same places.

Tells me you could play around in a parts store getting the right blade for coverage.

cruiser88 said:
yes folks its really that simple:lol:

That's what I did. Had 'em powdercoated with the adapters in place and they look just fine.

HTH you all.

Alright.

The arms are an inch off. The arms on the 60 are about 17 inches from bolt to pivot point on the arm. The arm on the 80 are 18 inches for the same places.

Tells me you could play around in a parts store getting the right blade for coverage.

sweet....gonna pick me up a set

cheers

yes folks its really that simple:lol:

The screws rusted up in the arms and stripped out. I had the adapters welded to the arms but the adapters are still really flimsy, at least on my truck. I'd like to upgrade to something more sturdy so my stupid wiper arms don't pop off in snowstorms.

Yea thats true. When I put my new set on this winter I applied battery terminal lube to the screws and its been fine but we dont have thos new york winters;).

Autozone behind the counter have boxes of wiper arm attachments.......the plastic ones is what I am using and I am sure they would give you every thing you need to replace the old stuff...........hell I have 4 or 5 laying in the utility room now.
The screws rusted up in the arms and stripped out. I had the adapters welded to the arms but the adapters are still really flimsy, at least on my truck. I'd like to upgrade to something more sturdy so my stupid wiper arms don't pop off in snowstorms.

The adapters on mine came from some off-brand of wiper plades I had to get in a pinch and they're stout as hell. Way better than the ones that came with any of the name brand blades I've bought. So the off-brand ones stayed put.

I would be real interested in replacements also...the PO when he spray painted the truck.....didn't care about the blades and got those suckers painted also. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom