RTH: Helping a French couple on the road in AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fergie

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all,

I'm trying to help out a French couple traveling through the area, and want to confirm some thing for them so I can make sure the local diesel shop get the correct items.

I've checked the Part Number thread, and have the NAPA/WIX numbers, and I think I am good there, but the couple has said that their vehicle has two fuel filters.

Our language barrier is pretty big, and the vehicle wasnt directly available(having some fiberglass repair work done), so I wasnt able to look under the vehicle.

The vehicle is a 1986 BJ75 with the 3B motor.

Any ideas on the two diesel filters?

Thanks,
Gavin

Any ideas on the two diesel filters?

Thanks,
Gavin

The 75 series had the option of a pre filter in addition to the primary filter,I know it was available in the HJ75 which is from the same era as the BJ75.

The pre filter is the paper cartidge filter in the pic and should come with those rubber gaskets and O rings.
Ryco list the dimensions and their part number here.
Search for oil, fuel or air filters by part number : Air Filters, Oil Filters and Fuel Filters :: Ryco Filters :: Automotive Filters Australia
TFK2_copywmark.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone. We got the filter situation figured after spending some time under the vehicle.

The couple was amazing, and we had them over for dinner the other night, and then they were back on the road the next day. They took off from Paris in January of 2009, and as you can see from the map, they have been a few places. After the western US, they will travel souther through MX, and on to South America all the way to Ushuaia.

012.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom