Resiurc Gear LLC - FJ60 Seat Brackets & Dash Panel Surrounds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Currently have for sale are universal FJ60 seat brackets that mirror the OEM shape. They are wide enough to allow different widths of seat rails from aftermarket seats. I used these on my summit racing seats.

These are 1/4” steel brackets.

Full set (2 front brackets and 2 rear brackets) $40 + shipping

Check out this threads for more info:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/397664-new-seat-custom-seat-bracket-interest-4.html

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/447706-new-shaved-seats-brackets-my-60-a.html

Next product on work bench is replacement dash surrounds for the FJ60.

You can get current information here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/432582-dash-surround-replacement-solution-7.html

Introductory pricing starting at $60 per panel (price varies due to design)
email me at: sales@resiurcgear.com to set up an order and design format.

Visit my site at: www.resiurcgear.com

Last edited:
New seat bracket photos

Incase you're like me and need a few pictures to see how this works.

Dash Panels

You're like most of us 60 owners that cracked surrounds, here is you chance to upgrade and customize.

I have 3 OEM style configured panels and 3 alternate versions with the adapter brackets. The shelving/surround for the heater controls work pretty good, custom made tiny L channel.

Also for the screws that attached panel to the dash I'm trying to make it so you wont have to enlarge your holes on your dash. I grabbed some metal screws that I thought were the right size but ended up, up sizing the hole just a bit. Feels like it's catches on tighter but again don't want to deviate to far from using the stock sizing.

Couple of issues with stock panel:
The cubby hole: 2 solutions to mount so far. 1-glue to the back of the aluminum panel. The cubby hole has nice surround on it anyways it will fine, nice and easy.
2- Use longer screws with a spacer so cubby hole still attaches to the dash in the oem holes but the spacers push it forward to sit flush on the panel. More complicated...who uses it anyways:doh:

Ash tray: (I'll update with pix, later)
1- tap and thread a two tiny holes on the back side of the panel. I suppose I could drill through but then you ugly looking setup. I would drill about 1/8" through and try to tap some threads. Use 2 tiny bolts to secure the ash tray. You will be able to open and close it.

Why go through all this trouble? I have know idea? Hope it's worth to somebody, somewhere, sometime.:bang:

Here are some pix of the panels.

So while that was in the works, I made for myself, my inlaw and extra one a configuration that worked for us.
7 carling switches on the bottom, 6 on top, 2-12v outlets (out of the way from the shifter) and the moved the stock switches a little closer together.

I'm not sure how happy you guys would be, with the way I attached it to the panel, some aluminum to aluminum adhesive. It's been on for couple of days and holding on tight. Not sure how much grief I'll get for that. I wanted to rivet it on but there really isn't enough material to catch the rivet.

More dash pictures

OEM specs, you can still fit 5 carling type switches in the ash tray area, there is tiny gap, but it works. My stock plastic dash has this same setup. The upper right opening is just a hair too small to for the carling switches but could be easier filed down/converted to a large size.

Those surrounds are very nice.

I think I bought the last one in the USA and it was brown for my gray interior. I sprayed it gray and it's perfect. It these had been available, I'd have gone that way.

Anyway...props. These are very nice.

Email sent last night.

While working on a few orders, I decided just to screw the dash panel straight to the dash without the adapter. It worked fine and was a lot easier to install.

These pictures don't do it justice, it really looks no different.

Hopefully I'll be installing one of these this weekend. Waiting to see photos to make sure the machine shop did the customizing correctly, and then it'll get covered with San Juan mountain dust next week. :)

Hopefully I'll be installing one of these this weekend. Waiting to see photos to make sure the machine shop did the customizing correctly, and then it'll get covered with San Juan mountain dust next week. :)

Picked it up today, here are some photos and sending you an email with more details.

Lookin' good... Bummer on the delay for the shelving bits, but I'm excited to get it installed after I'm back from my trip!

Lookin' good... Bummer on the delay for the shelving bits, but I'm excited to get it installed after I'm back from my trip![/QUOIe]

I'd like to check yours out when you get it installed.

Eldo, happy to show you when I get it!

Been fighting with under-hood wiring the last couple of days. It'll be nice to work in the dash where it's clean for a change. :)

(Edit: where by "clean" I mean "very dusty, but not covered in gear oil and power steering fluid"!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom