Old School Cruiser pictures from back in the day (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or, Deny, you could bless us with your presence and come to Whipsaw.

Only if you guys hold it when the trail has atleast a foot of snow on it to make it interesting!:hillbilly:

What're you doing this weekend? H & I will be under G tomorrow.

What you guys didn't finish yesturday? doing too much drinking instead of wrenching I see. I was going to wrench on my 60 and I do have to go for a long bike ride tommorow, but I can stop by to help out for a bit.

When were you thinking that might be, or is it a surprise?

I fly by the seat of my pants... I'm still trying to figure out if I can make NYC work in July. If it doesn't then maybe we could make it for the July long weekend if that works for anyone (other than Deny).

Nope no long weekends work for my cause I promised adam wheeling in Tumbler every single one.

What you guys didn't finish yesturday? doing too much drinking instead of wrenching I see. I was going to wrench on my 60 and I do have to go for a long bike ride tommorow, but I can stop by to help out for a bit.

We didn't really do anything. I was preoccupied with out of town visitors and H made some progress but he and G fight a lot it seems.

To get this thread back on track, some scanned photos of my initiation into the cruiser world starting almost 10 years ago. These were back at my dads old shop in NV. The date stamp was not set right. These would have been October 2001.
40early.jpg
40early2.jpg

The 40 had a seized engine that I managed to get un-seized. The son-of-a-bitch smoked worse than a diesel cold started at 20 bellow. As I ran it in and out of the shop it seemed to get better. So I put a permit on it and drove up to Squamish R for my first time ever wheeling in my very own 4wd. Brought a case of oil, used about half of it :hillbilly:.
40early3.jpg
40early4.jpg

After that the 40 worked its way toward the final colour. I originally planned on dune beige, but the colour of the rustoleum primer I was using grew on me, so I had a batch mixed up for top coat.
First pic is Sqmsh R again
Second is a camping trip up Kinbasket Lake. Caught a beauty bull trout with a half digested kokanee in it, me too.
Third pic is jacking around up Cypress. Nearest to a significant roll I've been I think? The bumpers wedged into the frozen banks. You can't really see the 1.5m hole under the culvert the truck is over top of.
40early6.jpg
40early5.jpg
40early7.jpg

Since then the bodywork got finished and the mods started. Been a great ride with tons of memories these past 10 years. Wouldn't trade my old 40 for much of anything. Some things are too good to let go. Long live old school LC's
Pic 1: another solo trip with my old Belgium Shepard (R.I.P.)
Pic 2: Tracing the original service road over the pass linking Kootenay Lake and Kimberly
Pic 3: Early run with Deny talking my into running can openner with a stockish 40 on 31's with a rear locker. Good times, good times.
:beer:
40early8.jpg
40early9.jpg
40early11.jpg

Nice Martin,

Here are a few scans from back in the day. Notice the CC run to Harrison, mostly 40 series, a couple 60s and I think a yj. The other two are from a big bar may long weekend run back when derek used to wheel.
scan0001.jpg
scan0002.jpg
scan0003.jpg

Very cool pics. I think when I met the CC group was right around the turning point where the truck demographic changed. It was the Whipsaw trip your fuel pump crapped out so you rode shotgun with Jim. There was one BJ74 there, and everyone was getting worked up over JDMs, but still drove 40's and 60's.

I wonder if the blue 40 in your first pic, 3rd from the left, is the project truck sitting in my yard? The raised fenders and tires make it look like it might be. One day it'll see the trails again.

Yeah seemed like 5 or so years ago when all the JDMs and the 80's started rolling in. I just found my old photo album I used to carry around in the 42 glove box, it's got a few good old ones from 10years ago and the old saltspring trip and I actually got a pic of Jeff's 45! Also some old wipsaw pics when Phil used to wheel a 40!:hillbilly: I'll get on it sometime.

Here are a few more. Before the resto, right after I pulled it out of the shop, and the first (non-back yard) wheeling under the powerlines near our property:hillbilly:
scan0004.jpg
scan0005.jpg
scan0006.jpg

First wheeling with the CC! Note 15 cruisers, one 60, one 70, and the rest 40 series. Even Gary rocking his old 42, norm before he became JDM norm, and Jeff with old 45. Poor Jeff, rocking the right hand drive before RHD was cool, Kudos to you buddy!:hillbilly:
scan0007.jpg
scan0008.jpg
scan0009.jpg

Nice! I like seeing the before/after shots and definitely the old wheeling trip pics.
:beer:

Here is one of me stuck behind my house :) Circa 1990ish

Nice Jeff, you got 10 years on my Cruiser Days, course I was just 10 in 1990:hillbilly:

You can't get rid of that 40 if you've had it for over 20 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom