24 volt lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have a source in the U.S. for 24V light bulbs for headlights, taillights, turn signals etc. ?
(1988 BJ71)
Thanks.....1978HJ45

I normally stock up in Canada at local Toyota dealer. But I have also bought in bulk on Ebay. For example: current item # 220697378247 which fits many applications on the BJ71. BTW, my BJ71 is 24v but runs standard 12volt headlamps.

Thanks for the information. I tested the headlights and they are 24V so I assume the other lights are also. None of the parts vendors ( NAPA,
Advance, etc) catalog 24V bulbs.
......1978HJ45

Get your bulbs at Toyota, install H4 headlights and you can get H4 bulbs almost anywhere. Sealed beams are really useless compared to something like a set of Hellas.

We also keep a full stock of all the 24V bulbs your Toyota needs.

~John

Hey 1978HJ45 I converted those headlights to H4 bulbs and housings that I puchased from 4 wheel auto. I can give you the part #'s when I get home on wendesday if you like. On my BJ74 I am using an even higher wattage bulb that are even brighter then the ones in your 71. And yes the rest of the truck requires 24v bulbs as well.

i will second or third the recommendation to H4 lights ...
once you do you will never go back.

most truck stops stock 24V bulbs...

i will second or third the recommendation to H4 lights ...
once you do you will never go back.

most truck stops stock 24V bulbs...

It took a full day but my curiosity finally got the best of me. What the heck is a "H4" light and why is it better?
......1978HJ45

I've got a nice clean set of Hella H4 type round headlamp assy's with 24v H4 bulbs out of a BJ74 I am parting..
$50 plus the ride.

Last edited:
just repeating what I read in "lowenbrau's" expedition thread page 2

h4 housings for 30$cad at freightliner

The "Truck Lite" housings are okay, but not great.

The Hella H4 housings are much better, have a cleaner cut off, and are worth the few extra $$.

~John

The "Truck Lite" housings are okay, but not great.

The Hella H4 housings are much better, have a cleaner cut off, and are worth the few extra $$.

~John

Cost, low to high... Trucklite, Bosch, Hella, IPF
Quality, low to high, Bosch, Trucklite, Hella, IPF
Best Value, Tie between IPF and Trucklite.

The Germans lose in lowenbrau's book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom