For Sale 1985 LT1 v8 powered FJ60 - New York (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD!!!! Up for sale is a 1985 Toyota FJ60 originally Texas/so cal truck until year 2000. Transplanted with a 1995 Chevy LT1 in 1998.This has been my daily driver for over 10 years. 1 previous owner who was a jet propulsion engineer and did the conversion for his wife.
I love this truck it has served me well – there is no better utilitarian truck out there than a 60 - sorry 80's guys-:bounce:may have to go to therapy when it leaves:frown: but I just can't have 3 trucks in my life anymore – bought a real nice 80 and it is very difficult to look at both- the body lines and cool factor of the 60 just crushes the 80 and is roomier – - I had to repost
Thanks for all the cool trade offers guys but if I didn't have trucks, boats and bikes I would be surely keeping this-
$4,700
Loated in Piermont, NY 10968 on NY/NJ boarder
70 plus photos at

Pictures by skintunes - Photobucket

Comes with lots of stuff
Unfortunately the 1/4s and fenders have rusted over the the last 3 year's due to exposure to liqud calcium chloride they have been laying down here last couple of years

I know I've forgot a lot- this truck is my buddy

the goods:
284 k on the clock
Desert sand White/blue/grey interior
1995 Chevy 350 LT1 from z28 has approx 120k Miles now
Swap done when the body had about 190K
OBDII - all FSM's /conversion notes
4L60E trans rebuilt less than 10k ago - all receipts
New Rad and trans cooler

Advance adapter to Split transfer / VSS active and functional - cruise worls - shifts beautiful
Custom 3' exhaust
Custom grey carpet storage platform –accordians to cover entire area for camping/sleeping when rear seat goes forward
FJ62 auto gear selector/Chevy fact on steering shroud cruise control
PCM flash/shift kit/Vats disabled
Dash and glass perfect

Auburn limited slip in rear new bearings/ujoints/10 k ago - all receipts
Xfer rebuilt wile apart for trans
New rad, optispark , brake master, Walbro race fuel pump on pass rail
Sony cd/mp3
Tinted windows
Wet Okole seat covers-
Wilderness Safari rack orig designed for FJ40 with cust mt bike racks
31 x 10.5/15 BFG all terrains 50+ % tread on stock chromes
2" receiver hitch
custom front diamond plate bumper w/ PIAA 520's
IPF H4 conversion
Extended shackles
KYB up front/Air shocks in back- shraeder on step bumper
Roadmaster RAS sway/wrap up control springs on rear leafs
FJ62 style mirrors in black
Tint 20% fronts 5% all rears some scratches inside windows from equipment

Ziebart rust protection when moved to NY hat liquid calcium stuff
Inner Front fenders are fixable at mudflap area. Have all stock flaps- Pass front not on truck at moment
Original paint no body work
Rust area where zero rust/rustolem for winter protection- band aid fix – no time to cut out

doors, tail gate and hatch in great shape
front seats torn by dog hence the covers which make em look/feel new
rear is stock small tear in center under back
factory mats- carpets and panels/headliner all in terrific shape
A/C converted to 134 but needs charge
Small crack in right exhaust manifold - seals it self at operating temps Have brand new spare and gasket to fix
Passenger door lock missing- someone tried to break in in NYC- has plug in it

Complete Knuckle/seal kit - was planning to do but it is not urgent and spare Xfer rebuild kit comes w/ this truck as do many other spares

This is without a doubt one of the fastest, best handling 60 you have ever driven- Synthetic fluids only,

New rear wheel cyl/axle seal but drums need adjust- E-brake needs svc.
Would I drive it anywhere- yes... It is still onroad for time being and can be driven
best email is skintunes@verizon.net

Last edited:
photos

best to get the rest off above photobucket
IMG_4517.jpg
IMG_4507.jpg
IMG_4469.jpg

some more for the non searchers
IMG_4528.jpg
IMG_4457.jpg
IMG_4467.jpg

Thanks for the trade offers-

But I do not have room for more toys in my life-
there is no truck like this anywhere- would rather it not go to Ebay- Put an even faster, newer motor in it for 1,500 if you ever wanted or needed- Hell I've seen BTB conversions that customers paid 12K for ,not including truck , that did not look or drive like this

Running out of driveway room- price dropped to $4200

maybe could use a brake adjust and bleed for a new driver- I've been using it as a daily driver til a few weeks ago- Starts, drives steers better than my 80 and gets you there twice as fast. Every time- Exhaust manifold would make it sound like a brand new Camaro and that comes with it.​

price drop

Boat coming into driveway- need the space -price drop-
$4000

Yes - i have seen horribly rusted cruisers repaired- cut and weld would be the way to go -some work yes - custom or keep it stock w/ patches/traced pieces or combo of wolf steel resto parts which are actually both full rear wheel arch and lower 1/4s-
I've seen em and they are about 550 shipped -both sides (4pcs) If you didn't want to paint - bed liner would be the cheaper route- This is thie route i'm going if I keep it

Not being a dick here, but we agreed to do the deal and then I spent $820 on plane tickets and $191 on insurance, and Gregg backed out of the deal this morning, leaving me out $1000 of lost money. I'm sure he is a great person, but this really hurt, and I don't know how anyone could do this to somebody else when they are legitimately selling a car. YMMV. I thought we could reach a compromise and I let him know I would draw up any document he wanted to protect himself (my brother is a lawyer), and pay all my cab fare, even PayPal him the money, and he basically said "nope, sorry." It is so painful that I am actually just in shock, can't eat... I filled out all the DMV forms for his state, fax numbers etc... Never seen anything like this. Honestly, at this point I just think it is all tragically funny.

Not being a dick here, but we agreed to do the deal and then I spent $820 on plane tickets and $191 on insurance, and Gregg backed out of the deal this morning, leaving me out $1000 of lost money. I'm sure he is a great person, but this really hurt, and I don't know how anyone could do this to somebody else when they are legitimately selling a car. YMMV. I thought we could reach a compromise and I let him know I would draw up any document he wanted to protect himself (my brother is a lawyer), and pay all my cab fare, even PayPal him the money, and he basically said "nope, sorry." It is so painful that I am actually just in shock, can't eat... I filled out all the DMV forms for his state, fax numbers etc... Never seen anything like this. Honestly, at this point I just think it is all tragically funny.

No way, did this really happen?

Just walked in from a tragic event of a friend's death to find the end of your movie.
I have no problem selling a piece of the last 12 year's of my life to someone serious , a land cruiserhead who is not going to screw me around. A buyer 1,000 miles away, books airfare for himself and a buddy to NY on a friday nite , holiday weekend , without talking to me in person and drive it home to Florida?? All this in a 4 hour decision on wednesday. At first he asked if it would be ok th drive the truck 1000 miles and then ship my plate back. Now I give everybody respect but this sounded down right shady. I am sure he is a great guy but wouldn't it be cheaper for me to ship it to him if he offered to paypal me the money, fly him and his buddy, pay transfer fees , cab,tolls,DMV charges, gas for a LC for 1000 miles and hotels/food??? I have to get out of town Sat morn and tomorrow have a funeral to go to in am. why wouldn't he call me???? my first email i made sure he saw the ad , answered ? about truck and gave him my phone # - offered to pick him up and take 30 miles to DMV and back-
Now i have bought and sold cruisers for nearly 20 years.Bought and sold , 'wheeled and fixed listers trucks here for a long time have been on this list for years- he only showed up hours ago . Did a background check and things didn't come up too clean on him but that is for his side of the story- Still not disregarding him as a good guy- but maybe one to be suspect with- i am no saint either - but truly fair . That said- why wouldn't he discuss, divulge flight itinerary- AND
If he wants to paypal me the money for truck and come get it tomorrow that's fine as well but with holiday traffic and time constraints - arriving in a strange airport 30 miles from DMV with less than 2 hours to spare before the window closes for the next 72 hours is not keen judgement
i could be over-reacting but I have gotten into situations hastily- believe me. i don't want to hurt anyone which is why i let him know within hours after logistics were compiled

And yes Mickey - if you didn't know that I am a professional drummer- skintunes would seem suspect- just like i could care about speculating what the T in your handle means-

at any rate I don't want any of us to lose here- we are compassionate about these trucks and hard working, good people
This a great forum = let's keep it that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom