FJ55 Wiring Diagram? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't remember seeing one. I've always just used the Haynes manual I have which has been perfectly adequate. As for the tailgate, there are plenty of trouble areas back there. The safety switch on the side can get corroded. Do you have power to the rear? Mine was a keyed switch in the tailgate and the license plate lights ran through there as well, so if they work, then that board should have power too.

Oh I forgot to mention, the wires located inside the tailgate are fairly easy to get to if the window is up, maybe start by cleaning up the wiring panel located inside. You can test for power at the same time. I made my own reference drawing for later use while I was back there.

Diagram

I have one in PDF on my home computer and you can buy a laminated one thats about 16 X 22

I'm traveling this week so I'll send you it and where to buy the hard copy when i get home this weekend.

:cheers:

Here is what the Haynes manual has

Attachments

• 55 wiring diagram.pdf
    599.3 KB · Views: 890
Diagrams

Info sent to your e-mail address last night. Let me know if you need any other info

Thanks

NIce man. Thanks just saved that one to the desktop

Hello everyone, I'm working on a '71 Pig and I could really use a wiring diagram but can't seem to find one anywhere. Any ideas?

I'm also about to dive into the tailgate, it doesn't open or anything and I'm hoping that it's just not wired up (the dash is all apart) so I hope that the wiring diagram can shed some light.

if the dash is apart, you don't have power going through the ammeter. i think that has to be hooked up to have power to the rig. get the tailgate panel off, get a battery with two lead and work the junction on the tailgate for the window to see if the motor/gear is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom