Help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know a Toyota guy in Evansville that can look at my truck tomorrow? I have a 97 FZJ80, just need someone that can look over my engine and give me an idea.

Anyone know a Toyota guy in Evansville that can look at my truck tomorrow? I have a 97 FZJ80, just need someone that can look over my engine and give me an idea.

Just post a pic I can give you an idea what color it is....

Well, I'm not sure a picture is what will be needed... I'm out of town and need to get her back up to WI. Looking if anyone knows a mechanic that could give me an idea before I drive her home.

Tony would be your friend with a tongue like that.

I've heard stories about Hoosiers... Some good, some really good. :eek:

Haven't seen your cruiser, but I can give you an idea...

How bout the idea of telling us why you need it looked at?

Here's an idea, tell me the winning lottery numbers

Here's another idea, invent something cool & make $$$$ selling it

Idea, give me the cruiser so I can sell it to 4rnr

Idea, call Gappy tell him to come to a wheelin event

Want me to keep giving you random ideas?
Cause all you asked for was for someone to give you an idea

I gots plenty of em

The only place I know of in Evansville is the Kenny Kent dealership on the east side of town. On the north side of the Loyd Expressway between Green River Rd. and I-164. I don't know of any private mechanics in the area that I could recomend, but people at work seem very pleased with the service at the Kenny Kent shop. If you are coming from the west you will see a Kenny Kent GM dealership first but keep going the Totota dealership is another mile or two down the Loyd.

x2 on Kenny Kent, we had good experiences w/ them when the wife bought her Solara there. Just be prepared for a $90-$120 diag fee.

Just tell the service manager you need an 80 baseline check-up, torque the high speed bumper bolts, change the turn signal fluid, repack the muffler bearings, and calibrate the right rear main gear (that one always snuck up on me) :flipoff2:

Well, I'm not sure a picture is what will be needed... I'm out of town and need to get her back up to WI. Looking if anyone knows a mechanic that could give me an idea before I drive her home.

Not sure why im asking....But, an idea about what?

I know, we try

People are always telling me im trying

Thanks for the Hoosier welcome. :flipoff2:

Picked up a cherry 97 LX450 in Evansville over the weekend. She sure drove nice back to Wisconsin. Was concerned with the oil leak, but wow is she a gem. I'm guessing by the outpouring of help from fellow Mud'rs that someone probably would have grabbed this one from under me. No way am I disclosing the price I paid. :flipoff2: Considering the service records were in tact from mileage zero to current date, the fact that it has factory lockers, or perhaps the fact there is absolutely zero rust/scratches on her I think I got a pretty fair shake. ;)

Let me know if any of you ever get up this way so I can properly thank you jackholes. :flipoff2:

Your complete and utter dis-satisfaction is thanks enough for me

I'm guessing by the outpouring of help from fellow Mud'rs that someone probably would have grabbed this one from under me.

Seriously? You ask an extremely guarded question with no possible answer without clarification and this is why, because you think one of us would have snaked you on the deal! WTF?

Picked up a cherry 97 LX450 in Evansville over the weekend. She sure drove nice back to Wisconsin. Was concerned with the oil leak, but wow is she a gem. I'm guessing by the outpouring of help from fellow Mud'rs that someone probably would have grabbed this one from under me. No way am I disclosing the price I paid. :flipoff2: Considering the service records were in tact from mileage zero to current date, the fact that it has factory lockers, or perhaps the fact there is absolutely zero rust/scratches on her I think I got a pretty fair shake. ;)

Let me know if any of you ever get up this way so I can properly thank you jackholes. :flipoff2:

It was a really shady way to ask for help by providing no diagnostically relevant information what so ever.

I'm really not surprised, I see it all day long. I work in I.T. Some of the stupid sh** I hear is 90% crap comes from people that think they're smart or "clever". Almost all of them have ulterior motives for phrasing things the way they do.

The cheese got to you, but that's ok. Any time you need help like that you know where to find it. Until then...

:cheers:

Ah, now your retarded, nonsensical post makes more sense.... Im excited that it looks like I will not have to read your posts around here anymore. :bounce:

Besides we are all quota'ed up on 80'tards.

Your complete and utter dis-satisfaction is thanks enough for me

:lol:

All I can think on this is...WOW.
This took a while to sink through my thick skull just because it's on Mud and I tend to give people the benefit of the doudt on Mud. Something that I don't normally do.
Now the avatar really makes sense.

...I tend to give people the benefit of the doudt on Mud. Something that I don't normally do...

It would be nice to have a place where you CAN give everyone the benefit of the doubt ("Cheers" theme song) but unfortunately regular average BS can infiltrate even the tightest of communities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom