Cathead's new bumper, from AOE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. I realy like the high design. They planning on offering up this unit for sale, or possible a DIY kit that you could weld up yourself?

yes, I believe that both options are doable, more to sale the entire bumper, but if you talk to them, they will sell the pieces of metal for sure with your name on it!!!

but they need to finish the prototype to come out with a price... but to be honest, they can't be far away of market price... the idea is to bring people, something that stay in your head when your are looking to buy a bumper...

I'd be definitely interested in a DIY front bumper.

hey!!! looks who is coming to the table.... welcome!!!

they did some improvements today, it looks like a bumper, no just pieces and imagination...to bad that I need to work at the office and I miss it LOL!!!

knowing the owner, more than a puppy, will be like a pussy cat, referring to cats! of course...

hey!!! looks who is coming to the table.... welcome!!!

they did some improvements today, it looks like a bumper, no just pieces and imagination...to bad that I need to work at the office and I miss it LOL!!!

knowing the owner, more than a puppy, will be like a pussy cat, referring to cats! of course...

Nice! :)

I saw the finished bumper in the pics. Looks awesome. I am going to have to see what they want for it, or even better a DIY kit.

I have no affiliation with the shop, they are friends... I don't handle that info, but sometimes I ask myself the same question with any other product/vendor...

The final price can't be higher than ARB's, Slee's or any other great bumper out there... if they want to win the business...

know cost so far:
1)research and developing (divided goal of 10-100 bumpers??? I 'don't know their goal)
-drow plans in software(hours)
-creating the paper template(hours)
-load data into plasma cutter(hours)
2)plasma cutter time/use
-cutting pieces
-admin charge (use of tools)
3)bending metal machine time/use
-bending pieces
-admin charge (use of tools)
4)materials
-metal sheets
-welding material
5)custom plate, if is ordered...
that will be an extra charge, but just for the extra finishing time for the letters, I guess...
6)welding time
7)powder cutting or any other special paint job
8) admin fee
phone calls, rent, etc, etc to run the shop...
9) Bull bar, if is ordered...

10) any other stuff that I'm missing???

so, DIY is not going to take away many of those steps involved in the process of determining the cost and RSP... but we better wait until they come back from Ester Jeep Safari...

I hear you. Its a good looking bumper and I dont expect it to be cheap. It would be nice to save some cost, even if its just a little, by cutting out the welding time and material if they decide to to a DIY kit. Plus I think if they decided to do shipping it would be easier with the bumper unassembled. Ill have to contact them directly and see what their plan is with this design. Do you know if the best way to rech them is through mud, or through their website? Thanks for your input.

They have an user for IHMUD, but they "sometimes" post or read threads... so do not expect answer here... not a quick one...

do you remember the Sema pictures post? well, we had one answer there...

I know they are pushing facebook...

Go the their web site, and call them directly... next week, when they are back from Moab and ready to work, they need to pay bills for the month...

mis dos centavitos :)

WOW! That is one nice bumper! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom