Puerco Moab Shakedown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sl33p3

still waking up...
Threads
So i missed the meeting but look forward to some play time. mtg minutes said puerco on sunday... time TBD...

how about 9am at the end of southern... too early? do we know how long the day will be? i'm trying to work in some afternoon plans on west side as well... likely have the fam with me.

-j

part of doing it that day is that I have family in town and need to take my brother in law out. he is the one that rode the motorcycle in the Baja 1000(and reason I was on the chase crew). last time I took him out in the cruiser, I broke the t-case in half before we saw any rocks...:bang:

so, time kinda depends on what time I can get him from the hotel to my house. 9 or 10am was my plan, so that should work. ham will help if you need to leave early and break down half way back.:D

he and I are both excited about getting out. I have done almost no rocks with the 40" tires. it's time...:rolleyes:

part of doing it that day is that I have family in town and need to take my brother in law out. he is the one that rode the motorcycle in the Baja 1000(and reason I was on the chase crew). last time I took him out in the cruiser, I broke the t-case in half before we saw any rocks...:bang:

so, time kinda depends on what time I can get him from the hotel to my house. 9 or 10am was my plan, so that should work. ham will help if you need to leave early and break down half way back.:D

he and I are both excited about getting out. I have done almost no rocks with the 40" tires. it's time...:rolleyes:

:lol: copy that. well if you are heading for rocks with the 40 inchers, i'll just have to watch from the kids playground :D

and yes HAM will be nice, along with GPS. especially since my last trip to the puerco killed my last transmission...

9 or 10, no diff. its a solid hour drive from my side anyway... i was just thinking of play time before early afternoon.

and yes HAM will be nice, along with GPS. especially since my last trip to the puerco killed my last transmission....
hhmmm on second thought, just WTF am i thinking? :crybaby::lol:

Sounds like fun, but I'm committed to camping this weekend in the Jemez Sat evening through Mon afternoon (will be above the steep grade on FR 266 from FR 10 just past Paliza campground). If any of you are in the area, feel free to stop by. By the way, I am KF5KKC, but I still need to buy and install a radio. Thinking about quad band like Yaesu ft-8900r. :)

hhmmm on second thought, just WTF am i thinking? :crybaby::lol:

hey my last trip there split my tcase, quit whining and wheel!:flipoff2:

or based from our old saying- quit emailing and wheel! :D

By the way, I am KF5KKC, but I still need to buy and install a radio. Thinking about quad band like Yaesu ft-8900r. :)

If you were only KF5KFC, that'd have been fantastic! :D

hey my last trip there split my tcase, quit whining and wheel!:flipoff2:

or based from our old saying- quit emailing and wheel! :D

is that a gauntlet? wtf? :lol::lol::lol::lol::flipoff2:

At least ending with KKC or KFC is better than ending with KKK ;)

is that a gauntlet? wtf? :lol::lol::lol::lol::flipoff2:

maybe...:D someone a long time ago said "you guys should be called 'the middle aged guys that email more than you wheel club'".

At least ending with KKC or KFC is better than ending with KKK ;)

I was thinking that same thing.

So who is planning to attend?

so far Sleepy John and me.

Ohhh....pick me pick me:bounce:

and then there were three! :cool:

i'll have the fam with me, gotta put back together the inside of the 80, still haven't reverted from solo deathvalley travel mode.

so John, Steve and me. anyone else that is going to Moab need to do a shakedown?

Wish I could.

Shawn,
I am a maybe and will be watching this thread for the meeting time or any changes in plans.
-Mike-

otay i got the 80 back to family friendly this afternoon... i'm all ready! :bounce: i'll prolly duck out between noon and 1 for my other plans. so earlier means i get more playtime...

dudes what time? 10 at the bfe of southern? i'm good with 9 if we want earlier... your call, sounds like shawn and the inlaw round up is the long pole in the tent...

Steve are you going to make us movie stars?

Mike, c'mon you know you wanna.... doo iiittt.... :D

i propose we use ML if necessary and 146.400 for simplex since the dumb echolink repeater is on our old standby simplex. fwiw ash and i now call 146.400 HDC 2.

-john

let's split it, so meet at 9:30 end of Southern. Steve, if we could use an open seat or 2? my kids want to go and I'll have father in law, brother in law and nephew.

my antenna for the ham fell off (just the whip part). so I don't have ham at this time. I forgot to get it replaced. I'll throw in the cb.

let's split it, so meet at 9:30 end of Southern. Steve, if we could use an open seat or 2? my kids want to go and I'll have father in law, brother in law and nephew.

my antenna for the ham fell off (just the whip part). so I don't have ham at this time. I forgot to get it replaced. I'll throw in the cb.

9:30 works for me. :bounce::bounce2:

so shawn you have the mount but not the antenna? if your mount is NMO i can loan you one, i'll have it with me either way. and i have cb too. might be easier since steve is cb-able too. course i could loan steve a HT if he wants to be rogue.

i wont' have any seats :( hopefully steve in the runner does.) you could just let the kids drive your towrig in the puerco shawn... :lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom