OME install, HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know it is simple and straightforward, but I'm stuck with my OME install. :flipoff2: Got the rear done no problem, but can't get the front done .... got the DS spring out, but absolutely cannot get the OME in.:doh:

Anybody in Tucson able to help? I'll buy you a case of beer, or cash, to help a newbie out. Needing to finish it today or tomorrow (Monday or Tuesday) My phone is 3six zero- 14eighty if anybody is willing and able.

I've done this on several other vehicles, but maybe I've just gotten too old and feeble to get the leverage I need ... That and working in a dirt driveway absolutely sucks. I can't drive it now because the spring is out. Aaaaaargh.

Thanks!

Jeff

Did Im assuming you disconnected the shocks.... If you have a bottle jack, put it in between the axle and the frame. Or go to the auto parts store and rent a spring compressor. Either way its easier than fighting with it.

X2 on the shocks, also the sway bar needs to be disconnected and depending on the spring the brake line hard mounts. Then stand on the hub, I have successfully at installed J springs with 1.5" spacers using this method without a compressor.

Sway bar off, shock disconnected ... Didn't think about the bottle jack, I will go give that a try. Thanks!

Sway bar off, shock disconnected ... Didn't think about the bottle jack, I will go give that a try. Thanks!

Try loosening the bolts on both ends of the panhard or removing one end. If you do make sure you tighten them when you are sitting on the ground at ride height.

Ok, one more question. Do you folks run with or without sway bars? This is my primary transportation and I don't see dirt as often as I would like. occasionally pull a pop-up trailer ...

Ok, it is done. I needed to drop both sides of the axle. Guess I am too used to IFS. Truck looks good, can't wait to hit a trail. I do still have the steering dampener and castor correction to put in.

Thanks for tolerating my stupidity and offering suggestions.

Ok, one more question. Do you folks run with or without sway bars? This is my primary transportation and I don't see dirt as often as I would like. occasionally pull a pop-up trailer ...

Im in the "with crowd" but the mounts/links need to be lengthen to accommodate the lift.

I extended mine and still managed to rip one of the mounts off. Been without for a long time now and don't really miss it. I don't think it makes a ton of difference either way, but I'm sure someone will disagree with me.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom