Wilderness & Remote First Aid Course & Certification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Kristina Hall of Sweet Otter, LLC, will be holding the Wilderness & Remote First Aid certification course, April 9th & 10th. Here are the details.

DATES: April 9th & 10th, 8 hours each day
HOW TO SIGN UP: PM Kristina Hall

DATES: April 16th & 17th

WHAT:
The WRFA is especially important to know while traveling for extended periods in the back country--either via foot, bicycle, motorcycle or car. Kristina herself is a highly seasoned wheeler and tailors her instructions to real world scenarios for wheelers, mountaineers and backpackers.

She works in partnership with the American Red Cross--is an authorized Instructor and Instructor Trainer and teaches CPR and Wilderness and Remote First Aid Training courses that will certify participants for 2 years with the American Red Cross.

If you'd like to sign up for the course, PM Kristina and post up here so I can keep an accurate list of participants.

For those also interested in getting CPR certified, I know Kristina is probably going to do a separate class for that at a later date.

Here is the description of the course per the American Red Cross web site:
Designed for scouts, outdoor enthusiasts and those working in remote environments, this course teaches how to respond to an emergency when help may be delayed. This course is based on the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines and meets OSHA’s Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs.
Topics include:
Primary and Secondary Assessments
Head (Brain), Neck and Spinal Injuries
Heat-Related Emergencies
Hypothermia
Altitude-Related Illnesses
Allergies and Anaphylaxis
Burns
Bone and Joint Injuries
Wounds and Wound Infection

Any classes in the North Bay?, I tried the site but it is not working for me right now. I'll try again later.

Bringing this back to the top

Mudrak, Jacki, Jen Demerest, Paul and Dustin Decker, Lupe, Dan and I took this course this weekend.

I highly recommend it. In fact, I would like our Club to consider "sponsoring" it. It is an expensive class, but then again, it isn't. Much of this training is very appropriate for those of us that wheel anywhere that there is a risk of injury and you are more than an hour from help. (description below)

My thought is that the club cover about half of the cost for our club members. An ideal sized group is 9, 12 or 15 (groups of 3). We would need someone with a larger space that could host it, we did ours at Mudraks, and you need to have room to practice various scenarios. We used Gary's back patio and front lawn.

Our next meeting really isn't until October, however we could discuss this at the Swap meet (I forget if that is Classified as a meeting).

Thoughts?

Kristina Hall of Sweet Otter, LLC, will be holding the Wilderness & Remote First Aid certification course
<snip>

WHAT:
The WRFA is especially important to know while traveling for extended periods in the back country--either via foot, bicycle, motorcycle or car. Kristina herself is a highly seasoned wheeler and tailors her instructions to real world scenarios for wheelers, mountaineers and backpackers.

She works in partnership with the American Red Cross--is an authorized Instructor and Instructor Trainer and teaches CPR and Wilderness and Remote First Aid Training courses that will certify participants for 2 years with the American Red Cross.

<snip>
Here is the description of the course per the American Red Cross web site:
Designed for scouts, outdoor enthusiasts and those working in remote environments, this course teaches how to respond to an emergency when help may be delayed. This course is based on the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines and meets OSHA’s Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs.
Topics include:
Primary and Secondary Assessments
Head (Brain), Neck and Spinal Injuries
Heat-Related Emergencies
Hypothermia
Altitude-Related Illnesses
Allergies and Anaphylaxis
Burns
Bone and Joint Injuries
Wounds and Wound Infection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back