Just another CDN M101 + RTT build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,
Before I introduce myself, Id like to thank everyone who shared their builds on this forum and let people like me take your ideas and use them in my project!
Been on this forum for a while now seeing all the great Trailer Ideas, and thought I`d finally join and share some pics and answer questions if I can. Before I

Here is my expo trailer.

The day I bought it for $1200. (best $1200 spent)

377932b3.jpg

2717ea19.jpg

43c79363.jpg

Spring over time!

287ce291.jpg

5906cea3.jpg

53ebe74b.jpg

I always liked the hand brake M101 came with and wanted to save it so made this bracket out of scrap metal and mounted it under the frame.

a9008045.jpg

86c861ab.jpg

Time to build a lid!

Trip to Metal superstore

c0597425.jpg

Got it cut and bent

3ac61b8b.jpg

My RTT showed up!:bounce:
29821bd8.jpg

Building the lid and an awning mounts

2fd38f36.jpg

ff3fde4f.jpg

d9e2946d.jpg

8dac64a5.jpg

Got it Painted, installed new wheel adapters, installed Traielr tounge box, installed RTT and an awning.

9935a3c6.jpg

ad4af24f.jpg

Test day.

814d9086.jpg

91b5725e.jpg

Its not finished yet, still have to tweak few things, weld up/install new wider fenders, maybe mudflaps, 12V battery, lights etc...

But, happy the way it sits behind my JKU and cant wait to take it out! Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks, Sam

Sweet pics and build - thanks for sharing!!

Great idea on the lid pins! I have noticed that my top has "migrated" an inch or so rearward having not secured it to the trailer on the closing end. The struts have actually pushed the top toward the rear of the trailer bending the front panel. Time for another mod.

Did you make the pins out of some rod stock and grind the ends down?

Great looking build and nice color as well.

Really nice build you have there... love the canopy holds... they look stout and simple... Good job !!!

Did you make the pins out of some rod stock and grind the ends down?

Great looking build and nice color as well.

Exactly, just founds some scrap rod stocks and had some good grinding!
This is why i love forums like this, we all get to share some great mods we come up with!

Great looking build:cheers:

That is some great looking work!

Nice build but I see your driving a heep WTF.... :confused: :D

Looks like Spanish Banks... Where is this metal superstore?

Looks like Spanish Banks... Where is this metal superstore?

Yup, Spanish Banks it is.
Metal Sepermarket
20059 92A Ave Unit 3
Langley, BC V1M 3A5
(604) 513-9850

Cheers, Sam

In all seriousness nice build.

Not sure to welcome you here or not .... hmmmm:confused:

Someone help me out.......

Well I for one am not hung up on heep versus LC so Welcome :flipoff2: (official mud welcome) :D

Hey Sam,
Very nice setup you have there. I have been searching all over for that exact trailer, or should I say on like that. Where ever did you find one? I am always 5 minutes too late on these, I have adds all over the net and cant seem to get one? Just missed out on one in Langley this past weekend...grrr.

Anyhow, love the top and the RTT!! Nice work.
Greg

Greg,
There's a M101 CDN Yahoo group. Join it if you haven't been there already. Someone was lokking to sell a M101 in Ontario just today. Sorry it's the wrong end of the country, but they do pop up. Wouldn't hurt to intro yourself and let folks know you're looking.

Then there are the Classifieds here on MUD. That's where I found ours.

Yeah, once you've seen one, you want one:doh::idea:

Saw that too on the M101 board. He's asking $1200. SOA already done, wired for 12V and has a 2" hitch welded to the back. Otherwise stock.

Greg,
There's a M101 CDN Yahoo group. Join it if you haven't been there already. Someone was lokking to sell a M101 in Ontario just today. Sorry it's the wrong end of the country, but they do pop up. Wouldn't hurt to intro yourself and let folks know you're looking.

Then there are the Classifieds here on MUD. That's where I found ours.

Yeah, once you've seen one, you want one:doh::idea:

I hear you there... been looking for some time now.
Yes, I am signed up on that Yahoo group, and I have sent the guy in Ontario a message yesterday. I imagine shipping might be a deal killer on that deal.

In talks with someone from Seattle now. Fingers crossed!
Thanks!
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom