Tire time ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello folks ! After five years on the tires it came with , my Bj 42 deserves some new tires . I've picked the usual bf goodrich 9.50 x 33 at's but I need some help with the wheels.. I have the stock white spoke wheels that came from toyota and I like them . i would like to go with new steel wheels in but can't find anything but more spokes in white . Does anyone know of other options with the proper lug and back spacing??? I wouldn't rule out aluminum wheels in a simple design either. Thanks for your help Tim
IMG_1566.jpg

Toyota dealerships can still get the factory steelies for early FJ40's...65-79 I believe. Cruiser Dan would know.

I second that I'm looking for 31/9.5 BFG's for mine.

I'll buy your current wheels should you decide to sell them...

:beer:

more Wheels

I know I can get the stock wheels , there just tooo expensive from Cool Cruisers, and you have to buy five ! I am leaning towards just using my old ones over and searching for a extra for my spare. The tires [9.5 x 33] are available from both tire rack [ 5-6 weeks on back order or from Summit racing, in stock there I believe.

these are the #rs for the oem spoker rims:

42601-60130-05 BJ42, FJ40; 6JJ-15 2
42601-60150 BJ42, FJ40; 6JJ-15, CHROME PLATED

Check with CDan to see if they are still available.

you may want to check at Yankee toys and ask if anybody has a spare? and parts here on mud?

you just need one rim correct? or are you looking to replace with the hubcap style steelies?

BTW just went thru your area ...took the taconic down to see the yankees on sat :)

That beautiful cruiser deserves stock steelies with hub caps, especially with those 9.50's

Hello folks ! After five years on the tires it came with , my Bj 42 deserves some new tires . I've picked the usual bf goodrich 9.50 x 33 at's but I need some help with the wheels.. I have the stock white spoke wheels that came from toyota and I like them . i would like to go with new steel wheels in but can't find anything but more spokes in white . Does anyone know of other options with the proper lug and back spacing??? I wouldn't rule out aluminum wheels in a simple design either. Thanks for your help Tim

I would keep those stock rims...:cheers:

I run the 33X9.50 BFG Muds sometimes on my FJ40 on the old Fj60/62 chrome rims.

The 2 FJ40s at CCOT both have 33x10.5 x15 on the oem wagon wheels. You shouldnt have any probs with the rims you have. Just buy a spare.
Here is one for $75.
FJ40 & FJ45 Parts Landcruiser Parts

It already has the correct stock steelies...

They look like the newer Toyota stock steel wheels. I thought the wagon wheel type spokes were factory on some of the newer cruisers, didn't realize those rounded corner spokes were ever OEM. But I'm still learning. :whoops:

They look like the newer Toyota stock steel wheels. I thought the wagon wheel type spokes were factory on some of the newer cruisers, didn't realize those rounded corner spokes were ever OEM. But I'm still learning. :whoops:

:):cheers::cheers:

I would go with the stock wheels. I really regret putting flares on mine or else I would be running those too. I've got a rough set I plan on having widened to 15x8 to run 33x12.50's on eventually. Unless I find a similar style available in 15x8 already. the few times I've looked I came up empty.

this is something that MUD has always helped me with :D

Its like a gigantic puzzle of information...I learn alot more with each piece

I know I agree, just wondering why High School wasn't as fun and exciting ? I would have gotten straight A's if I studied in high school as much as I'm on this site.

Toyota dealerships can still get the factory steelies for early FJ40's...65-79 I believe. Cruiser Dan would know.

I second that I'm looking for 31/9.5 BFG's for mine.

Better hurry, as of a month ago, Toyota's main distribution had 10 wheels left. I bought 4 of them so the last count would be 6. Thinking of returning to purchase another one for a spare if they still have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom