Varrryyyyyy nice pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you happen to see the blue FJ55 that was on eBay a few days ago? I posted a link to it on the Preservation forum. It sold on Saturday for $16k. The seller had a link to his photobucket showing all of the progress photos. At first I thought he did a complete frame off but once I started studying the pictures I realized he took a lot of shortcuts. He left the headliner in, left all the hinges on the doors including the rear tailgate, the bodywork was just a lot of quick patchwork. It just looks like he did the work in a hurry to turn a profit. I hope the buyer studied the photos really closely and knew what he was getting. I mean, it looks really sharp with a spiffy coat of paint on it, the frame powdercoated and the engine cleaned up - but I wonder how long before it all starts rusting again?

Ya that seems like alot for that rig. I've got about 22k in mine and I've cut no corners.

You have $22k in your truck because you have done a lot of the work yourself, or worked out great deals. :)

I had over $19k just in labor. Not including material and the work that I did.

I think that $7k is pretty reasonable, especially if it is new engine, tranny, wheels, tires, etc. Parts alone are worth that.

Ryan

Ya that seems like alot for that rig. I've got about 22k in mine and I've cut no corners.

You have $22k in your truck because you have done a lot of the work yourself, or worked out great deals. :)

I think that $7k is pretty reasonable, especially if it is new engine, tranny, wheels, tires, etc. Parts alone are worth that.

Ryan

Maybe - but most people tend to shy away from unfinished projects and want drivers.

Maybe - but most people tend to shy away from unfinished projects and want drivers.

Unfinished projects is where you can save alot of money. Lots of people look for them because when people lose interest they lose $. If you find a project that you have the know how to finish it yourself you can save big bucks.
Scott is right there is no way I could have a rig like mine if I had to pay someone to do all the work, not on a firefighters income. It took me 7 years to get this far savine my penneys
That guy will take 4k for that rig. he's not posting it because he don't need the money. It would take alot to get me out of mine.

htownfire said:
Unfinished projects is where you can save alot of money. Lots of people look for them because when people lose interest they lose $. If you find a project that you have the know how to finish it yourself you can save big bucks.
Scott is right there is no way I could have a rig like mine if I had to pay someone to do all the work, not on a firefighters income. It took me 7 years to get this far savine my penneys
That guy will take 4k for that rig. he's not posting it because he don't need the money. It would take alot to get me out of mine.

I hear ya. Just hope he finds a local buyer. That's a lot of s*** to haul home.

Ya but the road trip is a adventure in it's self. I love hooken up the gooseneck to the 5.9 cummins, getting on the highway and listening to that old goat tractor down the road and, blow alittle black smoke on the load. Damn! Im about to talk myself into buying some junk to bring home.

Ryan

Seen this rig on here a few times over the years...it is :cool: and a value. I have at least $3500.00 in mine so far and I am still (a few years into it) still just scratching the surface. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom