Parting out an 87FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've contemplated swapping the frame or patching it, but I just don't ever seem to be able to find the time. I've got a three yr old to chase after and another on the way in September. I bought a nice 4runner on friday so this s***s got to get out of my garage. :cheers:

is it still whole, just how bad is the frame?
I've contemplated swapping the frame or patching it, but I just don't ever seem to be able to find the time. I've got a three yr old to chase after and another on the way in September. I bought a nice 4runner on friday so this s***s got to get out of my garage. :cheers:

is it still whole, just how bad is the frame?

The rear c-channel would have to be replaced. The inner wall of the frame just be before it arches over the rear axle is completely rusted through. You can easily stick your hand into the inside of the frame. On the out side of the frame in the same area I removed the spring hanger on the drivers side and there is a small holed and crack towards the bottom of the frame. One the other side there is also signs on the outer side of the frame where it appears to be collapsing. It's not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom