Slee tire carrier swingout bearings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what bearings are used on the Slee tire carrier? I need to replace mine.

Thanks.

Howdy! Recently I broke the latch pin on my Slee swingout rear spare carrier. I Emailed Slee about a replacement, and he said that it might vary by age of the unit. He said to email him a pic so he could tell what I needed. As it turned out, I could order from McMaster Carr, as that is where he got it from. You might try asking Slee to see if they give you a source. John

Howdy! Recently I broke the latch pin on my Slee swingout rear spare carrier. I Emailed Slee about a replacement, and he said that it might vary by age of the unit. He said to email him a pic so he could tell what I needed. As it turned out, I could order from McMaster Carr, as that is where he got it from. You might try asking Slee to see if they give you a source. John

Hey John,

Thanks! I will email them and see what they say.

-Ian

Were you able to free the pin?

Not yet Phil. :)

I swapped the front and rear bumpers though and removed the swingout. When I pulled it off, the bearings were shot and missing a bunch of rollers. I whacked away at the pin after spraying PB blaster and letting it sit for a day, so I sprayed some more PB blaster and will let it sit for a while longer.

Gave up on the pin. I am gonna have someone cut them both off and weld new ones on. I found the product here, called "pull pins", in case anyone else is looking for these.

McMaster-Carr

LM67048 - Bearing, LM67010 Bearing Race , SL175 Seal, LM29710 Bearing Race, LM29749 Bearing.

As for the pins, in early production we used off the shelf pins from McMaster. The problem with those pins are they rust and will also shear off. Newer bumpers use a all stainless pin that we have machined. It is larger in diameter and uses a HEX style locking nut on the top vs the serrated style on the earlier ones.

It always amazes me when people don't go directly to the manufacturer with questions like this. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom