Portable CB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For the upcoming wheeling season I have ordered a Midland 75-822 CB which is portable (and vehicle based radio) - the hand held feature is what I want it for spotting and keeping track of the CB banter when out of the truck taking pictures. The last run I was on - I missed all the action, because I out of the truck and did not hear someone up front flopped into a big hole.
The reports are the 'rubber ducky' aerial is limited to about 1 mile, but that is within the range I would mostly be using it. There is also an optional 27" telescopic aerial (Cobra) that extends that range, available at radio shack (folds to 8").
Maybe next year for the Ham license.

Midland 75-822 CB Radio - CB Radios - Product Reviews and Prices - Shopping.com

Looks good; more toys for da boys.
Gary T and I now have Uniden CBs in our trucks, we threw out the old Cobras. Higher wattage, hopefully the crew can hear us now.

Did you order it from the link you posted, via Amazon?

I ordered it through Amazon market place, not Amazon directly (supplier was Factory Depot). This avoided sate tax . It should be about $75.00 $Can . I will pick it up on my way to Moab.

Looks good; more toys for da boys.
Gary T and I now have Uniden CBs in our trucks, we threw out the old Cobras. Higher wattage, hopefully the crew can hear us now.

Did you get the CBs modified? Higher Wattage? I wont ask.

Antenna placement and tuning is vital for distance and clarity.

Last year at Churn , My CB was useless because of the coil in the base was cracked and wire was corroded off from the trip to River Shiver.

I am doing the Ham Test online. Its going really slow because I am making the business owner rich, while I am just making a measely (sp.) wage. Plus dealing with health issues, Much better now not having a perminent headache.
I picked up a Puxing PX 777plus. Not only does it have 2M but is goes from 136mhz to 174mhz
Great in the bush , I use the (commercial frequencies) which is anything but 2M.
I picked it up for under $100. That would be much better than CB.

Did you get the CBs modified? Higher Wattage? I wont ask.

Antenna placement and tuning is vital for distance and clarity.

Last year at Churn , My CB was useless because of the coil in the base was cracked and wire was corroded off from the trip to River Shiver.

We just bought the Uniden Pro 520xL, whatever that means. No mods, but higher wattage transmitter than the old Cobras. Yes, the antenna is the most important element, it's hard to find a good spot due to the plastic roof on the BJ74. We have them placed on the left mid fender, next to the hood. We are hoping for better reception this season. :cool:

The Handheld CB showed up on my Visa today ( I pick it up tomarrow) it was $71.73 $CAN all taxes and shipping in.:bounce::bounce:

Hey Glenn, I just ordered one of these, any feedback? (groan!)

The Canuck dollar must have been a lot stronger when you ordered, mine came in at $72.43 CAD.

I used points... but $79.00 worth of points.. still a deal I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom