Radiation fears? How to test at home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
[FONT=&quot]With all the fear of radiation fallout from Japan, I thought it
might be useful to tell you about a cheap and effective
homemade radiation tester you can easily assemble[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] and rely upon.

Just follow these simple instructions!

OPEN A BAG OF ORVILLE REDENBACKER MICROWAVE POPCORN [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JUST LEAVE IT ON YOUR TABLE.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IF IT STARTS POPPING … [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]YOU'RE FxxxED![/FONT]

In 1986 when the Chernobyl radiation passed over Vancouver, it came down as rain. I was outside gardening at the time and later my hair all fell out!:mad:

This is definitive proof that the static you hear on your cell phone is not static -- it is the sound of soft brain tissue sizzling from the electromagnetic radiation coming in through your ear.:D

perspective

Her is a government chart to put it in perspective. Again, no news in the truth and no truth in the news.
image001.jpg

If you turn off the lights and see light you have radiation.

It's interesting, my uncle has had a cell phone since they first came out and always carried it on his hip (same side). Recently he just went through chemo to treat cancer in the exact same spot as he stored his cell. Coincidence?

I suspect that most of the cell phone radiation hazard studies have been sponsored by the telecommunication industry. Is it at all possible that they are biased?:eek: My hand held I-Com VHF unit specifically tells not to hold their unit against the ear. The say to hold it at least several inches away. I use a remote mike/speaker setup, and I don't use the outfit much, only on some wheeling trips. I prefer to leave it shut off, unless there's an emergency. I already have way too many dead brain cells, in spite of Cheers' Cliff Clavin's buffalo herd theory of brain cell survival of the fittest.

I won't have a cell phone, but my wife occassionally says she wants one. If she does, I would insist she keeps it in her purse, not in her pocket. I would also want her to have a separate ear piece unit so that she is not holding the phone close to her head.
'Course, she has never done anything I told her before, so why would she start now?:rolleyes:
~Bill

Last edited:

That is definitely concerning for those of us who rely on surface water for drinking water.

I wonder how the bottle water companies are doing? Wait, they have no testing regime requirements on them compared to municipal water. :confused: I doubt if there is any place the commonly tests for radiation in water - except for Hanford. There is something sadly ironic about the possibility of bottled water companies sending radiation tainted water back to Japan.

I found it funny when I listened to the radio and they were talking about testing cows int eh US for radiation poisoning since they were finding some readings in the milk. Canada apparently did not have to worry as the radation levels in the milk were normal - WTF? there is a normal level of radiation for milk...or anything else for that matter?! I think I prefer non existent over "normal".

Background radiation; it's everywhere and in everything; we are constantly being bombarded from the cosmos. That's normal. People that fly in planes a lot (i.e. 30,000 feet in the air) receive more of this radiation than those that have more atmosphere between them all the time. Radiation, it does a body good. ;)

Again, be careful what you read in the media. As Dave says; there's no news in the truth.

If you select the links to the Berkely article, this is found in the text:

"At this level, you would need to drink 632 liters of this rain water to obtain the same radiation effects you obtain on a round-trip flight between San Francisco and Washington D.C. Therefore, the increase in radiation levels in the rain water due to the events in Japan remain extremely small."

Yet the title inidicates something that could be perceived to be catastrophic. I wonder how many read the title only and drew their own conclusions?

I'll stick to turning the lights off, and when I glow, I'm going wheelin' (well, before that too, but you know what I mean) :meh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom