Looking for a KDSS-enabled GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all

I thought I would tap the collective expertise of the community here. After much soul searching and wallet searching, I've decided to target a GX470 with KDSS to buy.

I am looking for one with less than 100k miles, good condition (dings ok, dents not so much) for under $20k. I am guessing this sticks me in the 2004-2005 range. I would like the sport package but not willing to pay more for it.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Sport Package? Is that the designation for the package with NAV, Levinson, and DVD?

I wonder how many of these rigs came with KDSS. I believe it's definitely worth the wait to find one with KDSS if you plan to wheel it. Wish mine had it.

Good luck with your search,
Justin

Word of advice on things that I learned when I did my search for the KDSS GX.

1. Most of the salesman don't have a clue what KDSS it is when you call them. Only way to truly find out is ask them to see if there is a cylinder mounted with tubes running from the front of the vehicle to the rear on the drivers side. Here is a picture of the tubing/cylinder but it won't be blue. :)
http://www.toyota120.com/assets/images/KDSS2_small.jpg

2. Most descriptions that people copy from Edmunds and/ KBB for their craigslist/autotrader ad will say it has KDSS. They are just copying and pasting and don't pay attention to the fact that the description says it has KDSS when it really doesn't.

3. The sports package has darker rims, black wood accents, and KDSS. See picture of black accents and you have found your KDSS GX.

4. You can have your KDSS rig shipped for about $700 bucks from any of the contiguous 48 states. That is what I did and don't regret it. I bought site unseen.

5. Don't buy your rig that was ever registered in a state that uses salt for ice prevention. Unless you like rust of course. Here is a map to help you with that.
Toyota 120 Platforms Forum - View Single Post - BonnerBB's Lifted GX470

6. This page will help you determine what features came in what years... I went with a 2005 because it had most horses and was in my price range.
Lexus GX470 <-------------Specs by year

Good luck!

B-

Last edited:
Word of advice on things that I learned when I did my search for the KDSS GX.

1. Most of the salesman don't have a clue what KDSS it is when you call them. Only way to truly find out is ask them to see if there is a cylinder mounted with tubes running from the front of the vehicle to the rear on the drivers side. Here is a picture of the tubing/cylinder but it won't be blue. :)
http://www.toyota120.com/assets/images/KDSS2_small.jpg

2. Most descriptions that people copy from Edmunds and/ KBB for their craigslist/autotrader ad will say it has KDSS. They are just copying and pasting and don't pay attention to the fact that the description says it has KDSS when it really doesn't.

3. The sports package has darker rims, black wood accents, and KDSS. See picture of black accents and you have found your KDSS GX.

4. You can have your KDSS rig shipped for about $700 bucks from any of the contiguous 48 states. That is what I did and don't regret it. I bought site unseen.

5. Don't buy your rig that was ever registered in a state that uses salt for ice prevention. Unless you like rust of course. Here is a map to help you with that.
Toyota 120 Platforms Forum - View Single Post - BonnerBB's Lifted GX470

6. This page will help you determine what features came in what years... I went with a 2005 because it had most horses and was in my price range.
Lexus GX470 <-------------Specs by year

Good luck!

B-

Great information! Thanks for sharing. Jwp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom