another cracked dash repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have wanted to redo mine. BUT ... I can't figure out how to get the dang thing out. Can you give a me quick run down of how to get it out?

Thanks

Hey man that looks awesome. Corners and lines look real nice. Still gonna holler at ya soon so maybe we can get together for that rotor replace. Take it easy.

Next I covered it with glass cloth...not mat.
View attachment 505644
then I used mat along back because after ceck fit I saw a big gap
View attachment 505648
then I layed up 2 layers of mat on a sheet of window pane that was waxed so I would have flat pieces to fix the ends that had broke over like pig ears...lol...mounted them with a mixture of chopped mat and resin
View attachment 505649

Last edited:
Then came puttin the cover on with contact cement and heat gun wacthing for air bubbles along the part that raises up over control panel. After I had it covered I found I couldn't fill the holes that hold the vents so I got some pvc 2in" elbows and cut and painted black to fill
View attachment 505653

View attachment 505654

Last edited:
Sorry about how bad the post went, better at working on "Tommy" then doing posts, hopefully I'll do better on next one. Going to use same covering and the new carpet and cloth I'm going to redo the door panels. Till then I hope this helps explain how I did it so far

yeah how about writing up how to remove the dang thing.

How does the new cover match the door panels?

Man that does look good. I picked up another dash not knowing the results could come out so nice.

WW

It doesn't match ..but when I get through with the dash and carpet I'm going to get cloth to redo my seats and at that point I will have all I need to redo my door panels..vinyl, cloth and carpet, then every thing will match and will be good for another 27 years ..lol..I hope

yeah how about writing up how to remove the dang thing.

taking the dask pad out is the easy part. remove two screws, one one each side of the dash pad at the far edge left and right. Remove screws around cluster, remove screws around ac control panel, remove screws and remove gove box door and glove box, then remove the 3 or 4 screws that hold the dash pad along the back side near the windsheild, you'll need flashlight to see teh scerws. disconect a/c ducts... pad should come out then.

Go slow, don't force anything, remember that old plastic is very easy to break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom