finally got all my bits back from Powdercoating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.huntingadventures.net
Yeah, I was anxious and excited to get this all back together, it's fully functional now and needs nothing else. Although I do need work on the dash lights and there is no radio yet.

I worked with a buddy to fabricate the winch mount, bull bar, and rock rails. He is a metal fabricator for a living, and the welding instructor at a local Community college. So the work was "fit in" to the rest of his busy schedule. The time to complete this is not gonna be remembered as long as the function and appearance of the results! I still have to connect the wires for the warn winch/compressor unit. I also have not chosen the lights yet, There are tabs already in place for a pair of lights on the bull bar.
FJ40bullbar.jpg

fj40rockrail.JPG

The Rock rails are frame mounted and I can jack the cruiser up anyplace along the entire length of them, These are not cosmetic "steps"!
IMG_20110301_121957-11.jpg

This may have been posted in another thread, but just so you can see this 35 year old beast is nearly new now after 10 months of effort. I should take some pictures of the inside as well. Everything has been reupholstered, all 4 seats, door panels, dash, headliner, visors, Center console, I do need some fitted rubber floor mats, that has been the hardest thing to find oddly enough!

Nice brush guard. Did I understand that you came up with that yourself? Did you start with something and add on the additional peices? Whatever you did, it looks good!

I looked over about a zillion photo's of bumpers from this site and then decided on the way I wanted it. Needed the winch/compressor unit between the frame rails which nobody makes a bracket for. so that was the beginning. Then decided which way the pipes for the bumper should look and went with what seemed to be a really Classic design of the main hoop and built from that for the smaller front hoop, the small top section and then added the light tabs.

There are a lot of cruisers with this basic pipe fab design on this site.

I do need some fitted rubber floor mats, that has been the hardest thing to find oddly enough!

I picked up a set of floor mats for the front of my 1970 FJ40 from cruiser corps.

http://www.cruisercorps.com/search/node/floor mats

They are not stock vintage, but they look good, and work well. Not sure what year you have but worth checking out since you said you were having trouble finding them. Cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom