Temperature Question - Running too cool??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1997 Land Cruiser - 162K Miles
Just replaced 13 y/o radiator with a new Koyo Brass 93-94 Radiator.
With the original radiator I saw cruising temps of 180-195F on the highway - up to 197F in the summer.
T-Stat is 2 years old.

Just took a long 3 hour drive with ambient temps around 45F. The temperature never got above 172F and averaged around 165F. When stopped temps peaked at 175F.

Is this an issue - or is it normal? Maybe I am just not used to such efficent cooling?

:popcorn:

You might need to replace your thermostat.

If you already have replaced your thermostat and you are still not warming up that means you forgot the gasket that goes above the thermostat.

heres a link to MAF site showing it Man-A-Fre Advance Off-Road Solutions

its # 16346
leave it out and your truck will never heat up
Thanks to KOFFER

Toyota PN- 90430-43002

The OP has a 1997... with a 1FZ... not an F series engine.

Mark...

You might need to replace your thermostat.

If you already have replaced your thermostat and you are still not warming up that means you forgot the gasket that goes above the thermostat.

The heat blows hot, and I have seen it up to 190 the other day when it was warm. Temp needle is right below the midway point - temps are from my Scan Gauge.

I guess what I need to figure out is if I am within a normal temp range given ambient temps and highway driving.

Right below where is suppose to be is fine. Mine runs a tad cooler when the temperature outside drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom