Strange home wiring problem (mud curse?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this will be my last post then you're going on ignore because you're such a pussy. Almost every house fire I've been on has either been food on the stove or electrical, of those I've pulled several charred bodies from the house after we put it out. I can do basic wiring, done tons of it even installed panels but if I have any question whatsoever I call an electrician, one that isn't a drunk especially because I know my limitations without proper training and I am not willing to put my family's lives on the line for ego's sake.

This has been basic wiring to me, and it sounds like I am trained a bit more than you. In every job there will be issues you haven't seen before, but you can figure out based on your training and experience, and that's what happened here. s***ting on me and pretending I'm putting my family at risk is pure posturing and bull**** to make me squirm and look bad, piling on. Obviously I'm not going to seek out a drunk electrician, what's the point of mentioning that other than to entertain yourself? All your spooky BS about fires is just to highlight your heroic self, nothing to do with a panel that's no older than the thousands of homes as old or much older all around this house. Hopefully you've got me on ignore already, because I'm telling it like it is and you're not going to like it.

Bogo and scottm should have their own forum where they just post up all of the other careers they've had, all of their accomplishments, and a bunch of stuff about how awesome they are. After all, they're both dudes with vaginas.

I wonder how everyone knows you're a lawyer, did they hack into your account and figure it out? Or did you volunteer that information proudly? Just wondering.

I wonder how everyone knows you're a lawyer, did they hack into your account and figure it out? Or did you volunteer that information proudly? Just wondering.

I'm not a lawyer. I'm a farmer-physicist-chemical engineer-pilot-mechanic-machinist-doctor-pharmacist-electrician-model-photographer-model photographer-photographer model-photographed module-orthodontist, just like you and bogo.

Funny how that just slips out about being a lawyer, isn't it? In this thread several people decided we needed to know that they've wired houses, and one needed to point out he's a fireman. It seemed appropriate. In other threads it's surfing, or rescue diving, or some job someone had in college. When I get into a discussion about fabricating something, I'm likely to mention something about working at a machine shop to give perspective on my comments. Should I avoid that? Should I have avoided mentioning my flying career in the airplane/treadmill thread?

Yes I am an engineer, manager, and pilot. I've had a lot of jobs and hobbies and I'll usually mention my experience when talking about a related subject, I don't think that's unusual. If that makes you uncomfortable I'm sorry, but it shouldn't.

Funny how that just slips out about being a lawyer, isn't it? In this thread several people decided we needed to know that they've wired houses, and one needed to point out he's a fireman. It seemed appropriate. In other threads it's surfing, or rescue diving, or some job someone had in college. When I get into a discussion about fabricating something, I'm likely to mention something about working at a machine shop to give perspective on my comments. Should I avoid that? Should I have avoided mentioning my flying career in the airplane/treadmill thread?

Yes I am an engineer, manager, and pilot. I've had a lot of jobs and hobbies and I'll usually mention my experience when talking about a related subject, I don't think that's unusual. If that makes you uncomfortable I'm sorry, but it shouldn't.

I left out cosmonaut.

I met a former cosmonaut, seemed like a humble guy. Probably wouldn't brag about in online like you do.

So now you're a cosmonaut and you're thorough, do you have to wear a red cape or is that optional now?

Hey Atticus, what building in DC do you work in?

really you do not have to tell me, just wanted you to know, i have wired a lot of them!

Atticus is just showing his inferiority complex. Such a limited mind. He can't understand how somebody can know so much on such a wide range of fields.

When I need to do something, I just go and figure out how to do it. Electrical work, wither it be home, automotive, boat, or electronics is simple, and logical. Therefor whenever I've needed to do it, I just do it. The hard part is remembering what do they call that do-hickey that you use to connect the wire to the thing-a-ma-bob.:lol:

I used to work at a car wash while going to college. I remember one of the vacuums lost power so we called an electrician. I can get the number for you if you'd like.

My daughter is married, she and her husband will have to decide on the electrical panel. If they don't get a *real* electrician in to look at the issues noted by the inspector and me, I'll offer more advice, then keep my mouth shut. That's how parenting has to be.

Take note scott, the best thing my parents did for me was leave me the fxxx alone and let me make my own mistakes and burn my own hand on the stove. What I'm trying to say is your daughter would be better off if you left her alone and her house burned to the ground from an electrical fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom