Fj40 Bumper Bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,
I have been looking for the last day for the poper size bumper bolts for OEM 1977 FJ40. I the FJ40 I just got had no bumper installed and I am getting one at the end of the week. I have searched for the bolt size even downlaod coolermans excel chart and still can not find it. Thanks for any help.
Mudtime:popcorn:

Not sure the size, I replaced all mine on my 78 a few years ago. I used Grade 8 Stainless from a local fastener supplier. I'm not sure it is a super critical thing...just use a good grade bolt and you should be fine.

That was all I found. 1/2" is that length or thickness. I was looking for size as in length, grade, thread and thickness. Sorry I should have been more detailed in my question.:whoops:
Thanks,
Mudtime

Carriage bolt, 10mm x 1.25mm thread x 25mm long

The top is smooth, no markings. I'm guessing regular grade 5 or 6.

These come out of the top. The ones in the bottom are regular 10mm bolts.

bumperBolt15.JPG

That bolt came out of this bumper:

attachment.php

bumperBolt15.JPG

Last edited:
1.25 pitch thread....

:meh:

Thanks guys This helps BIG time.
:bounce:

I dont think it matters what bolt you use. If you want OEM thats one thing, but these are just open holes. Put whatever carriage nut and bolt you want, as long as it fits well. Maybe even a nice SAE yellow cad type bolt...

Just sayin...

Heck unless you are doing a full restoration just find a bolt (s) that fits and use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom