Super charged 80 vs 200 series article (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From an aussie 4WD magazine. The 80 holds up pretty well with a supercharger vs a diesel 200 series.
Scan.jpg
Scan 1.jpg
Scan 2.jpg

rest of the article
Scan 3.jpg
Scan 4.jpg
Scan 5.jpg

And all sprintex had to do was supercharge the editors 80 series for free!
I know first hand that magazine articles like these are cooked up to promote your products if you cup the balls of the magazine editors hard enough and as a result they are nothing more than a thinly veiled add for some lucky company, in this case sprintex.

well if looks come into it at all the 80 does it for me!! Im far from going modern..

And all sprintex had to do was supercharge the editors 80 series for free!
I know first hand that magazine articles like these are cooked up to promote your products if you cup the balls of the magazine editors hard enough and as a result they are nothing more than a thinly veiled add for some lucky company, in this case sprintex.

I agree. Times much be getting hard.

I just picked up the last two issues (No's 154 & 155) of Australian 4WD Action in the last couple of weeks. Never seen it before, but it's one of the best wheeling mags I've come across.

I picked up that magazine a few weeks back. Finally found a consistant place that carries the magazine.

Didn't like that article all that much. IMHO they should have compared gas to gas or diesel to diesel.

Outcome was what I expected the 80 was better off the road the 200 was better on.

That magazine is pretty awesome though, and in OZ or if you get a subscription to it they all come with a new DVD every month that has the majority of the articles in the mag on the DVD.

Only problem is a subscription to it from here costs $276 and the DVD's will be in PAL format.

I liked the fact that they called the 80 series " iconic". Looks like we're right up there with the 40 series:D

The 200 is growing on me but won't replace my 80.

This is a little off track, but I looked at Sprintex's website and boy, that thing is pricey!:eek: It says that it increases max hp to 145 kw (194hp) for the 100 series with the 1FZE, isn't that less than stock for our 1FZE's? What gives?:hmm:

saw this a little while back when that issue came out. the comparison is a little bit apples n oranges for me, a done up 80 with a supercharger vs stock 200? one is built for on road comfort the other offroad superiority, i dont see the point.

i gave up buying that magazine due to it's huge and frustrating bias. not to mention some of the builds i have seen in there are completely retarded.

This is a little off track, but I looked at Sprintex's website and boy, that thing is pricey!:eek: It says that it increases max hp to 145 kw (194hp) for the 100 series with the 1FZE, isn't that less than stock for our 1FZE's? What gives?:hmm:
They may be referring to WHP or BHP so after the driveline power numbers? I have seen that living overseas and reading magazines but who knows.

It says right on the website

50% power increase at wheels
now 145 kW @ 4550 rpm
Standard Power: 96 kW @ 4550 rpm

$3990

It says right on the website

50% power increase at wheels
now 145 kW @ 4550 rpm
Standard Power: 96 kW @ 4550 rpm

If these numbers are right, 4k isn't bad....Toyota wants $7500 for their Tundra 5.7 supercharger setup, and it only increases power 30%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom