Igniter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently lost the igniter from the coil/ igniter assembly. Apparently this item is no longer made. I was able to purchase a used unit and got the truck running again. However I noticed in a box of parts from the previous owner that there was a coil/ assembly unit sitting in there. So I am guessing that I may have a trend here. Are they susceptible to heat? I noticed that they have small heatsinks and when I disassembled it there was some kind of heat compound on the inside. Does the compound need to be redone every so often? Last question is there a less expensive, easy alternative to the old igniter since they are no longer made?

Thanks!

I recently lost the igniter from the coil/ igniter assembly. Apparently this item is no longer made. I was able to purchase a used unit and got the truck running again. However I noticed in a box of parts from the previous owner that there was a coil/ assembly unit sitting in there. So I am guessing that I may have a trend here. Are they susceptible to heat? I noticed that they have small heatsinks and when I disassembled it there was some kind of heat compound on the inside. Does the compound need to be redone every so often? Last question is there a less expensive, easy alternative to the old igniter since they are no longer made?

Thanks!

I feel an extra heat sink cant hurt!
IMG_0645.jpg

Get a DUI ignitor from Man-a-fre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom