FJ40 Wheel Stud Removal Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am stumped on how to remove the wheel studs on my 1975 FJ40. The front axle was changed out for one with disc brakes, and I'm unfamiliar on how to change the wheel studs. I have removed the caliper, and loosened the hub, but don't know how to get the rotor off.

Basically my question is, how do I get to the wheel studs in order to replace them.

BFH.

Or a press with the rotor off. You will need to disassemble the hubs to get to the big nut that holds the rotor to the spindle.

You should get a manual.

2wd
2wd front end.jpg

and the hub

hub.jpg
2wd front end.jpg
hub.jpg

Last edited:
I have a manual.........the Haynes manual.......I should really use it for toilet tissue or as a fire starter, the thing is worthless, save for the electrical diagram at times........ok, I'll do that, thank you

I have a manual.........the Haynes manual.......I should really use it for toilet tissue or as a fire starter, the thing is worthless, save for the electrical diagram at times........ok, I'll do that, thank you
Check your PMs

Ya, I did, then I found out how wavey the rotors are. I'll have them shaved when we do our brakes next time. Also, a set of new wheel studs ensure all wheels stay on now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom