Need help with vac line routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bad Coco

GOLD Star
Threads
Well I'm almost ready to fire Poo Flinger up. I'm needing to get all the vac lines put in. The engine is a 1/75 2F and the carb is a 4/76 stock carb rebuilt by Mark A. It has no smog equipment on it, including air rails.

The dizzy is vac advance DUI.

I'm wanting to powder coat the air cleaner, but I'm hoping to seal of unneeded vac ports first to clean it up a bit.

The PCV valve is on the push rod cover and there is a large port on top of the valve cover, which I think is also a vac port.

I'm hoping to find out what the lines go to and wheather the lines need vac from the carb, intake, air cleaner or if it even matters. I have 0 experience with this and thank everyone in advance for the help.

I will refer to them from the top down as 1, 2, 3, etc.
Vac line questions (1).jpg
Vac line questions (2).jpg
Vac line questions (3).jpg

#1- Rocker cover breather hose

#2- Went to a filter affair that effectivly was a breather for the distributor, iirc.

#3- Air pump inlet hose connection

Here are some pics from the carb.

Pic 5- is the passenger side of the carb base

Pic 6 is the large vac on the drivers side of carb

Pic 7 is the small vac on drivers side of carb, its above the larger one in pic 6
This vac port goes to dizzy.jpg
where does this large vac go to.jpg
where does this small vac go.jpg

Pic 8 Is the PCV valve located on the back of the push rod cover

Pic 9 Is the vac port on top of the valve cover (located above the heater outlet on the head.
2F build 012.jpg
2F build 009.jpg

#1- Rocker cover breather hose

#2- Went to a filter affair that effectivly was a breather for the distributor, iirc.

#3- Air pump inlet hose connection

So I am assuming I could close up #1 and 3. Should I run #2 to the PCV on the push rod cover?

Thanks again for your help Poser, once again a wealth of knowledge

According to Posers description, #1 goes to the port on the valve cover. It's there to burn off any blowby gases. Your pcv should be hooked up somewhere below the carb or in the intake. The pcv requires a vacuum source. I will say I am not familiar w/how the vac lines go on a 2f, but there certain lines that most engines need.

Your air cleaner is from a later year. Cap all the holes except the one poser has told you runs to the valve cover (#1).

Pic #4 is part of later year's Evap system IIRC

Pic #5 is the EGR vacuum supply port - I think. I don't believe you have a true vacuum advance port on that carb. What did Mark A. say to hook your distributor's vac. adv. cannister to?

Pic #6 is the EGR inlet. Cap it.

Pic #7 is usually a throttle positioner or fast idle diaphragm.

Your air cleaner is from a later year. Cap all the holes except the one poser has told you runs to the valve cover (#1).

Pic #4 is part of later year's Evap system IIRC

Pic #5 is the EGR vacuum supply port - I think. I don't believe you have a true vacuum advance port on that carb. What did Mark A. say to hook your distributor's vac. adv. cannister to?

Pic #6 is the EGR inlet. Cap it.

Pic #7 is usually a throttle positioner or fast idle diaphragm.

That is hugely helpful, thanks! It was so long ago that I did all this I don't remember if he did or not. But thats a great point, I'm sure he'll know.

Do you also know what vac ports need to be hooked up on the carb in pics 8&9?

As long as I'm on vacuum, where does the brake booster need to get its vac from? Pic 10
painted and ready.jpg

Pic #8 -Yes, the PCV valve does mount on the pushrod cover. Then it runs to the intake manifold, driver's side, just below the carb... generally:D

Pic #9 hooks up to #1 as per Poser's advice.

The brake booster hooks up directly to the intake manifold usually just aft of the carb. Any manifold vacuum source *should* work.

I picked up the brake booster line from SOR.

Does anyone know what size lines are used for the vac lines?

Does this help?
5543456835_c00f01efb2.jpg

I see that the #1 pic was for the rocker cover breather. this is on the carb side of the filter. Won't that suck oil into the carb. I have heard that many just put a K&N filter on it. Anyone have any input. Again this is on a 1/75 2F with no smog. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom