Pitch your Yota engineer biotch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I'm not trashing them, but c'mon there's just some stuff that makes no sense. So if you have any tips or tricks on whatever's pissing in your cherrios please post them too. I'll start...

1. PHH- plastic-rubber-metal-rubber-metal, WTF, why not just a hose that you can actually get your hand on! I've got nothing no help on this one, it was a PITA with fat hands and fingers!

2. Fuel Filter- We all ask why there? Our enigne bay is mammoth, someone please make an easy relocater kit!!!!! I've got the filter, just waiting for an easy way to do it without bloodshed!

With everything Toyota engineers got right you gotta give em' a hall pass for the few things that are quirky.

Ok, I'll play along. How bout them pesky sunroof drains that pee water all over the floor whenever they clog with a grain of sand!

Not a TLC thing, but the oil filter on our 3.4 Tacoma motor... Ya pretty much gotta drop the skid plate to get "easy" access to it! Again, a remote would be a good idea!

Cups Holder

Was it really difficult task to engineer a decent cups holder on an 80?

Haven't done it yet, so that might disqualify me, but I dread the time when I have to stretch the belts. Seems the process is tedious vs some of those wretched domestic inferior trucks...

Or speakers that shouldn't even belong in a $10k Tercel and still have the audacity to call it Premium and charge a ludicrous amount for it. Close rant.

Or speakers that shouldn't even belong in a $10k Tercel and still have the audacity to call it Premium and charge a ludicrous amount for it. Close rant.

lol, is this a subwoofer or a paper plate?

How about why that darn undercarriage has to rust so quick with road salt they couldn't make it all out of titanium.. :p

With everything Toyota engineers got right you gotta give em' a hall pass for the few things that are quirky.

Ok, I'll play along. How bout them pesky sunroof drains that pee water all over the floor whenever they clog with a grain of sand!

Exactly, that's why this stuff is so funny!

Yea, how about how much things change from year to year. I have a FSM EWD from a 96. But I own a 95. The wire colors are not the same. So who knows what goes where!

Not a TLC thing, but the oil filter on our 3.4 Tacoma motor... Ya pretty much gotta drop the skid plate to get "easy" access to it! Again, a remote would be a good idea!

its easier to get it through the wheel well, just dont drop the filter then you definitaly have to drop the skid plate.

how about getting a real skid plate on the truck? for atruck that can go anywhere you would think that it may need more protection than a 6x12 inch piece of scrap metal :bang:

Rear vent louvers which leak onto the jack then carpet...and the crappy clips which break when removing...let alone all of the various and sundry leaks which have to be sleuthed. :bang:

Some stuff just seems wierd to us cause we're not working on it the same way they put it together. I'm sure the starter bolts are real easy to get to when the engine is out of the truck, not so much when it's in.

Other stuff gets funky cause of whatever cost cutting measure has just come through, or is dictated by someone in marketing who doesn't ever use the product. Or some wierd standard they have to comply with. So the engineers get forced into stuff some times. Just saying...

i love how they made a motor with such potential so underpowered :-/ (1fz)

Various cheap plastic pieces over the interior.

Dunno if this is a issue on all 80s but on mine and my sisters the passengers door closing sounds different than the other doors closing.

Also seems that 80s have large door gaps.

Still can't understand why they designed the HVAC system to default to recirc when I lower my temp lever below 25C:hmm:.

WTF???? it that why my ps floor gets wet?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom