68' FJ40 factory options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if 68' FJ40's had a factory soft top option and soft doors? Or did they all come with the fiberglass hardtops?

pg 1,2,3
60's-40pg1 johnnyc1.jpg
60's-40pg2 johnnyc2.jpg
60's-40pg3 johnnyc3.jpg

In addition to what Johnnyc provided, it is also my understanding at that time period, that an OEM soft top kit could be purchased from Toyota to convert the factory hardtop to a soft top.:steer:Brendon

It came with a soft top model originally. Those had a tailgate as compared to the hard top with barn doors. Other rhan that the only other option I could tink of from the factory would be the PTO winch. That is in the US market. Other market were probably offered more. Granny transmissions, five speeds, diesel engines and full floater rear axles come to mind.

Edit: Heater was a option in 64/65 standard after that. Rear heater was a option shortly after that. Radio became a option with the 73 model. These were factory options not dealer options which could have been anything.

I think that answered my question. Thanks JohnnyC! I wonder how rusty that one in the picture of the guy fising off the back would be today?

A little late getting in here, but my 1968 is a factory soft top.

Also the 3 on the floor would have been an option with 3 on the tree stock.

True Forgot that one. I just wish I could find one for the early three speed. SOR was selling one but the $400 price tag for just the shifter scared me away. Paid half of that for the whole vehicle I got the clean transmission transfewr case in.

When I bought mine it had the 3 on the tree but it was really sloppy after many years of use. Instead of trying to fix all the linkage, I converted over to the floor shift.

Over the years I have sold or given away all of the pieces to people who were trying to put them back together.

I know someone on the west side of the Valley that recently pulled off his 3 on the Tree, in favor of a 4 or 5 speed transmission. Want me to check with him to see if it is still available? John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom