Any pics of OME lift with 35's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure a 60 with 2.5" lift will fit 35's without a lot of cutting. Even with a S/R and longer rear shackles (4" lift), you are still looking at a tight fit.

What Breck said.

Look around for pictures of FrontRange4x4's 62, he had an OME kit with SR, extended shackles, and 35's

Methusalem has 35's on his OME Mojave kit from Man-a-Fre. I believe he also has a body lift.

His looks pretty good.

Thanks Guys...Was toying with the idea of buying an 80...then after some mean glares from my 60, I have decided to throw some $ her way...Just want to do some gears, tires and a lift...Trying to figure out where I want to be...Now I have 33x10.5's, stock gears and extended shackles on worn leaf packs...Time for a change...

SOA .... Man it ride so much better

If you want 35s its that mojave/shackle reversal or soa. In all honesty SOA on stock height springs barely clears 35s without rubbing limiting a little with bigger bump stops. That mojave kit looks like it is high enough for 35s though and the springs design seems really well engineered.

I have SOA and I love it by the way.

Methusalem has 35's on his OME Mojave kit from Man-a-Fre. I believe he also has a body lift.
His looks pretty good.

No Mojave, Alex. It's an OME Dakar heavy/heavy set with shackle reversal, indeed from MAF. Should be approximately 4 inch lift. But I like that it you like it:D.
Here's somepics, itb. So it's 4 inch suspension lift and approximately 1.5 inch body lift, with 35x12.5/15 BF Goodriches KM2. I like it. Wouldn't want to do it different. Okay, maybe SOA is nice, but it is ten times the work (or more) compared to SUA.
HJ60 37.jpg
Front 2.jpg
HJ60 42.jpg

And some more..
HJ60 43.jpg
HJ60 76.jpg
IH8MUD 5.jpg

Here's the stance of our cruiser full of camping gear, tools, 2 full jerricans diesel and some other stuff.
HJ60 81.jpg
HJ60 80.jpg

Last edited:
I had OME's and 35's for a while. IT rubbed pretty badly at full flex even with lowered bump stops and a mild body lift.. Folks that say it doesn't rub don't wheel hard (sorry). I thought it worked OK until I started really working the suspension on harder trails.

I have Alcans now and of course it still rubs since bump stops haven't changed. the ride height now is what it was with the OME's, maybe a touch higher. My OME's sagged and broke after a few years.

Here's how much it will rub on harder terrain, sorry for the repost, but it's good beta for the thread.:

YouTube - Old chinaman Gulch 11-06-10 rover67

I stopped at the top so my GF could snap a few shots of where i'll be cutting the body to make it work a bit better.

Last edited:
No shackle reversal... Old school OME heavy/heavy, springs have been on the truck for about 6 years, never really wheeled much until i got it...It goes pretty good... It will be getting SOA this summer... Q78 (35.5"x10.5) bias Buckshots, 1 1/2" spacers on the front.... A lot of tire rub... more pics in my build thread....

:cheers:
Chris
005.JPG

No Mojave, Alex. It's an OME Dakar heavy/heavy set with shackle reversal, indeed from MAF. Should be approximately 4 inch lift. But I like that it you like it:D.

Well their "mojave" package is just an OME Heavy with S/R right?

Oh well I dont know what it is haha

:D

Well their "mojave" package is just an OME Heavy with S/R right?
Oh well I dont know what it is haha :D

Are you sure? Man, nobody ever tells me anything! Maybe if I would act a little more mature, people would start to take me a little more serious:D.

You guys running 4:88 with 35"s?

I wish I had 4.88's! And a locker in my rear diff! If I want the same ratio with the 35's, I would need 4.77, so 4.88 is closest. As I said, I just have 105 hp (I hope, after 365.000 km), and long hills are not nice with my whole family, camping gear, tools and extra diesel. But around where I live, the only thing that is not flat (boring), is the 64 meter high bridge over the Suriname River, which is approximately 6%. Wth my family, but without "travel cargo", the cruiser can manage that and still accelerate up to 70 km/h.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom