Bump It Offroad Diff Drop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not a lot of tech here but I wanted to post a picture of the finished product. There is no question after driving with the diff drop kit installed that I would recommend this to anyone. I went back and forth on whether I needed a diff drop or not but after my CV's started blowing grease I ordered the kit. After installing and driving I immediately knew this was the right thing to do. The diff drop has now returned my steering to the nice stock feel I had prior to any lift. Instructions are easy to follow and pretty straight forward.
DSC01216.jpg

How does that compare to the slee? Is it cheaper?

Do you happen to know how much dropped it is from stock?

I don't understand how dropping the diff would have any effect on your steering.

I'm not sure why my steering feels like stock again as I didn't change anything else while installing this last night. I assumed correcting the CV angles put it back to a more stock steering feel. I have my factory tbars almost maxed out until I add more weight to the front; have not yet installed larger tbars although I have them waiting until I put a front bumper on.

Last edited:
Do you happen to know how much dropped it is from stock?

I'm guessing here because I didn't take measurements but I believe the front and rear frame mount spacers are about 3/4". I'd guess this lowers the diff almost 1". All I know is I could immediately tell a difference upon driving.

I know I can look this up, but just to have it on this thread, what is Slee's drop distance?
Are you still on Cristo?
BTW, I'm not trying to take any jabs at all the fine products made by Slee.

r2m said:
I know I can look this up, but just to have it on this thread, what is Slee's drop distance?
Are you still on Cristo?
BTW, I'm not trying to take any jabs at all the fine products made by Slee.

1" for Slee drop
Bump it I'm not sure. If assume 1" or 3/4. There would be no point in a diff drop for anything less than 3/4".

Looks great! I am doing this right after sliders (next on the list). I have been looking at Slee's 2.5" lift kit but I don't see it offered with a shock option. I wonder if I could piece my own lift kit together using the BIOR diff drop and Bilsteins? I don't see this on the BIOR website. Do you have a link? Also, how much?

Guys - I can't speak for product differences based on experience from testing various vendor alternatives. I can at least provide feedback on the products I've chosen to install. I guess I've ended up installing options different from what most people are using. I pieced together lift components not only to save money but also to evaluate new products. I am currently using ironman shocks, OME 2" 865 springs and the BIOR diff drop. I also have ironman tbars that I haven't installed yet. I will add lift measurements and report back. I can say there is no question that the diff drop has made a noticeable difference for me.

Why do you regret doing it LJ?

Could have spent the money($200) and added it to my slider fund since the diff drop was not needed drastically.which recently got victimized by a seized o2 sensor lol the chance at WKOR sliders are always within my reach..but always taken away:mad: haha

I regret doing the diff drop so early as my CV's were not leaking that badly. But better to have it...I have the BIOR diff drop also, easy install!

I did mine pre-lift, but that was because I was getting the slee skidplates and those were designed with the diff drop in mind. Plus, there's no harm in the Diff drop, and it was done/out of the way once I decided to remove AHC.

Anyone have a link to the Diff Drop and/or pricing?

I had to email Mike at BIOR for the Diff Drop pricing as it is not listed on his site. You can order just the diff drop and hardware needed for the diff drop only or you can order the diff drop kit that includes spacers needed to lower the factory skid plates as well. I ordered the kit that included the diff drop and skid plate spacers. At some point I will be replacing the skid plates too but the spacers will hold me over until I get full under armor. Here is the link to the BIOR site:

http://www.bumpitoffroad.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom