front bumper/bull bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of other manufacturers for 100 series front bumper w/ bull bars other than ARB? I like the design of Fab Four but it seems no one other than ARB makes it for LC...

Here are a couple more options. The first link is a US distributor for Ironman products. Last time I spoke with the owner (Eli) he said he had new bumpers and snorkels on the way for 100's. The second link shows will show you examples of their 100 bumpers.

Camel 4x4 and Outdoor for 4x4 Parts and Accessories
Ironman 4x4 Home

their 100 series bumper has built in fog lights that look extremely identical to an ARB :hmm:

protector9.jpg

their 100 series bumper has built in fog lights that look extremely identical to an ARB :hmm:

protector9.jpg

It looks exactly like the base from an ARB with the tube work from a TJM T15......

FWIW TJM bumpers are not currently in the US market, you may be able to find one, but it wont be easy. TJM is SUPPOSEDLY coming back to the US market, but on the same token, ARB is SUPPOSED to be bringing their drawer systems to the US....i wouldnt hold your breath

Irbis looks like they only make 4runner bumpers, i couldnt find anything for the 100 on their site. I dont even know what it looks like if it exists.

It looks exactly like the base from an ARB with the tube work from a TJM T15......

FWIW TJM bumpers are not currently in the US market, you may be able to find one, but it wont be easy. TJM is SUPPOSEDLY coming back to the US market, but on the same token, ARB is SUPPOSED to be bringing their drawer systems to the US....i wouldnt hold your breath

Irbis looks like they only make 4runner bumpers, i couldnt find anything for the 100 on their site. I dont even know what it looks like if it exists.

Farinvail has a Irbis rear bumper, best departure angle I have ever seen. Looks like a Slee rear on a diet. I like it a lot.

Farinvail has a Irbis rear bumper, best departure angle I have ever seen. Looks like a Slee rear on a diet. I like it a lot.

What about for the front?

It looks exactly like the base from an Irbis looks like they only make 4runner bumpers, i couldnt find anything for the 100 on their site. I dont even know what it looks like if it exists.

Go back to their website and click on rear bumper. About half way down the page is a green 100 with the rear bumper which you can click on for more photos. I didn't look at their front bumpers so I don't know if they have one on the site.

The BIOR and Irbis Offroad bumpers are basically custom made to order bumpers. The Arb, Ironman and Slee bumpers are production bumpers. Slee slightly changed the design of the original custom Blueberry bumper and then had a production run made where they made a lot at one time. The nice thing about custom work is you can add or remove features you might want or not want in a bumper. I love alot the 4x4labs stuff but haven't seen a front bumper from them. I've seen a number of people get custom work from fabricators on here over the years. Custom fabricators in SE VA for 4WD stuff are kinda rare where I live. The IPOR guys are a few hours north of me and while I've ordered a few things from them in the past, i've never been to their shop to discuss custom work.

Thanks for all the options. Yes, I think there are a few that looks identical to ARB. I wonder if Bump It off Road bumpers are air bag compatible....

Thanks for all the options. Yes, I think there are a few that looks identical to ARB. I wonder if Bump It off Road bumpers are air bag compatible....

no. Only ARB at this point. That is why I went with ARB (Slee and Bump it did not make any at the time anyways, ARB was really my only route)

I'm pretty sure the TJM and Ironman bumpers are also air bag compatible. Seems like I also remember reading the new production Slee Blueberry bumper was also air bag compatible too?
'

I'm pretty sure the TJM and Ironman bumpers are also air bag compatible. Seems like I also remember reading the new production Slee Blueberry bumper was also air bag compatible too?
'

Im fairly certain that to achieve the compliance you have to actually crash test the vehicle with the bumper. Also looking at how the Slee mounts, I dont see how it is.

I may be wrong though:meh:

Bump ba da ump.. so I watched my 80 drive away today, and am currently holding a check that contains some pre-approved 100 series modification funds. This thread looked to be the best of any to bump up- are there any other front bumper options out there to consider? I am trying real hard to fall in love with one of our aftermarket choices, and keep struggling, here are my completely biased opinions:

ARB: btdt, plus my truck would look too much like Romer's. :)
Slee: way sweet, but I like tree-finder hoops I can see while driving. And I like lights.
Ironman: why not just get ARB?
BIOR: hoops not my favorite, I think they stick out too far. Plus, I like lights.. plus, he seems pretty busy right now..
TJM: Importing appears to still not be happening- I'll believe it's changed when Dennis gets his.

My only constraint is I bought the Titan 12k winch, I believe it's the same size as Warn M8000 so that needs to fit with a reasonable amount of modifications..

Bump ba da ump.. so I watched my 80 drive away today, and am currently holding a check that contains some pre-approved 100 series modification funds. This thread looked to be the best of any to bump up- are there any other front bumper options out there to consider? I am trying real hard to fall in love with one of our aftermarket choices, and keep struggling, here are my completely biased opinions:

ARB: btdt, plus my truck would look too much like Romer's. :)
Slee: way sweet, but I like tree-finder hoops I can see while driving. And I like lights.
Ironman: why not just get ARB?
BIOR: hoops not my favorite, I think they stick out too far. Plus, I like lights.. plus, he seems pretty busy right now..
TJM: Importing appears to still not be happening- I'll believe it's changed when Dennis gets his.

My only constraint is I bought the Titan 12k winch, I believe it's the same size as Warn M8000 so that needs to fit with a reasonable amount of modifications..

If your only reservation with BIO was the hoops, you could get him to fab any hoops you can think of. I have seen some crazy looking metal work by him.

As far as the Titan is concerned, it is basically going to fit on any bumper that can take a winch. the m8000 is the least common denominator for a bumper designed for a 100 Series so you are 98% safe with no modifications.

I wish Slee would take the bottom of his bumper and add the top of a TJM T15. Sort of like this one designed by bamachem.

FZJ80-REV_A.jpg

I say shoot an e-mail to Mike over at BIOR. Super guy to work with...and he is ALL about customizing his products to suit customer's wants/needs. Like Paul said, if the hoops are what's holding you up, Mike will make whatever changes are necessary to earn your business. He is busy, no doubt - but worth the wait from what I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom