umm, so this (hole) doesn't look stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i was under my truck taking pics of my starter and noticed some oil near the seam of the rear most oil pan, behind the little oil pan. as i shimmy'd closer, i noticed a... hole. wtf? it's aft of the little oil pan on a vertical plane of what seems to be the fore side of the bell housing.

Inside the hole, the clean plate with the circular cut outs may be the fly wheel. the hole seems cut with a plasma, smooth, apart from an aberration at the 3 oclock position.

so, umm, any ideas?
hole-sm.jpg

Your supposed to have a insert that covers that hole :)
The oil leak is your rear main.. mine does the same though never drips on the driveway or anything majority of the time you can ignore it

X2 it's supposed to be there. :)

It looks like oil may be seeping from oil pan gasket. So maybe gasket or rear main seal?

My leak looked just like that, after the main pan was resealed the leak was no more. The leak is often from the arch of the main pan. There is a method to help determine if it is the rear main seal or not; I forget, do a search.

Your supposed to have a insert that covers that hole :)

LOL - OK, so does the insert apply from the outside, or from the inside pushing out? (ie: can i install the insert with all of the big parts still together?)

The oil leak is your rear main.. mine does the same though never drips on the driveway or anything majority of the time you can ignore it

10-4, no drips on the driveway (which is not asphalt so we would've seen them fast).

X2 it's supposed to be there. :)

It looks like oil may be seeping from oil pan gasket. So maybe gasket or rear main seal?

thanks x2

any idea on what that part is called? maybe i'll ask cdan to check out this thread so i can get the correct part.

The insert goes in from the outside but not sure part # or where to get one.. try cdan like you said :)

Inspection hole cover something or other; got mine from CDan, snaps right in.

thanks, i sent him a PM, so 'crisis' averted. man, i thought I had a rogue hole based on the odd edge at 3 o'clock. glad it's just a missing part.

Best to call CDan at work during the day if you want to order a part IMHO.

That hole should be cover ASAP, it's actually a link to another automotive dimension...leaving it exposed can and does wreak havoc on the time and space continuum...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom