r151 to fj 62 transfer case? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible? I have a r151 from a 94 t100 4by and the the transfercase from my 88 62. Heard it was possible ,but is it a pita?/worth it?

Is it possible? I have a r151 from a 94 t100 4by and the the transfercase from my 88 62. Heard it was possible ,but is it a pita?/worth it?

Marlin was making a kit at one point, but I think they thru it on the back burner!:crybaby:

i have a customer with a 2000 hzj79 pickup that has the r151 and a split case in it, all oem from toyota. not sure where you're going to find the proper extension housing, but it'll most-likely have to come from canada or oz.

i know proffitt's has a few hzj trucks, might be worth asking them.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

I hate to ask. Are you sure it's a R151 and not a R150? The R150 would most most likely be in a T100.

The trans in question is quite possibly designated an R151 but not the same one most associate with the'86-'87 Turbo Mini Trucks. Most would refer to your trans as an R150F.

In reality, Toyota uses a number designation to cover only a span of 10 years. The R151 designation for the '80s was for the Turbo truck trans. For the '90s, the R151 designation was put onto some of the trans' most refer to as the 3.4 R150 trans. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom