Who has an FJ40??!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good deal! And I actually work in Troy at the Sherwin Williams so that's not far at all. I'm going to try and get a bunch of folks together to go grab dinner in the gump one night and I'm trying to see how many more 40s are local too.

And it's friggin' beautiful.

You can only polish a turd so much but it is getting there

let us know...

Yep let me know. I'm not sure what the GUMP is but I've been meaning to make a meeting since I"ve been here. I've got a couple more months of sorta free time before I get back into the swing of things where I won't be able to leave because of school and studying.

I have one. I live in Sylacauga. I had a 1971 40 but it Im in college and never could get the funds to get it going so I sold it and bought the 77 that landspeeder had in his yard.

I have one. I live in Sylacauga. I had a 1971 40 but it Im in college and never could get the funds to get it going so I sold it and bought the 77 that landspeeder had in his yard.

You got alot of work, but also got one hell of a deal! I want them wheels like no body's business...

You got alot of work, but also got one hell of a deal! I want them wheels like no body's business...

Yeah there is a lot of work. Right now I just have the top off. I parked the excursion and have been daily driving it since I bought it and have wheeled it a couple nights nights. It pulls the 37's better than what I thought it would. I am eventually going to buy a hard top for it just waiting a minute since its about to be summer anyways. I just ordered a snorkel a couple nights ago. It cuts out if you do not have the choke pulled out just a little bit, but I have checked the solenoid on the back of the carb and its good. The locker pops real hard every now and then.

Lol I emailed u about it on your craigslist ad!

Oh sorry if I never got back to you. I had a buddy who was going to buy it and then AntFJ emailed me and asked me to hold it until he could come look at it and seemed pretty serious about buying it so I did not reply to quite a few people. Can not wait to see his build thread seeing how well he did on his last one. He was a pretty cool guy.

Yeah there is a lot of work. Right now I just have the top off. I parked the excursion and have been daily driving it since I bought it and have wheeled it a couple nights nights. It pulls the 37's better than what I thought it would. I am eventually going to buy a hard top for it just waiting a minute since its about to be summer anyways. I just ordered a snorkel a couple nights ago. It cuts out if you do not have the choke pulled out just a little bit, but I have checked the solenoid on the back of the carb and its good. The locker pops real hard every now and then.

Yeah, I'd recommend buying one of Trollhole's carbs, I bet that'll fix alot if the issues.
Those Aussie Lockers will always pop like that especially in a shorter wheel base like a 40 in 2WD.

Yeah, I'd recommend buying one of Trollhole's carbs, I bet that'll fix alot if the issues.
Those Aussie Lockers will always pop like that especially in a shorter wheel base like a 40 in 2WD.

There's a used Trollhole carb in the For Sale section. Don't know where exactly, it just says southeast.

My aussie pops like that. Not very often, but when it does, it is LOUD.

Yeah I have planned on doing that or just rebuilding the one thats on it, but its in need of some pretty big attention.

There's a used Trollhole carb in the For Sale section. Don't know where exactly, it just says southeast.

My aussie pops like that. Not very often, but when it does, it is LOUD.

Thanks for the heads up man. Yeah mine does not do it very often but its REALLY loud when it does.

Thanks for the heads up man. Yeah mine does not do it very often but its REALLY loud when it does.

you have one hell of a tow rig.... very jealous, it's what i wanted...

you have one hell of a tow rig.... very jealous, it's what i wanted...

Yeah I had looked around for one but I never could find a 4 wheel drive diesel around here that they were not asking too much or was not ragged. I ended up finding mine on craigslist in Tulsa oklahoma and left that next morning to go pick it up.

I like your tundra though. Those are sweet rigs.

I'm in Montgomery and am really into the whole Cruiser scene, but have a Tacoma..hmm. I would have a rig, but I don't want to bother fellow offroaders with questions, borrowing, equipment, and trailer until I can afford all that myself. So, my rig can wait. I'm down to meet up whenever and hang out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom