Auxilliary Gauges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking at mounting an EGT gauge in my BJ60 and am looking for a good mounting solution. Looks arent everything but I hate that usual chrome sheetmetal flange that most aftermarket gauges are mounted in. Anyone come up with a good looking gauge mounting solution?

DSCF6479.JPG

the pillar pods are an option as well....

Which one would you use, Georg?

Just curious...

that all depends on how many gauges i was going to mount.

single gauge; vent works well and does'nt look out of place. might also be able to sink one into the bottom of the dash, where the choke cable resides on the gassers.....

two or three gauges, pillar or plate like yours jon.

Sorry, Georg, I meant which pillar pod, specifically, would you use.

Thanks.

Sorry, Georg, I meant which pillar pod, specifically, would you use.

Thanks.

I am interested in this too. I've never seen a pillar pod in a 60. I have a radio and want to keep it in that location and I would like to keep my vents open. The plan is to eventually add a turbo so a boost/ vac gauge would be added at some time too. The EGT gauge is so I can measure fueling right now. I was thinking about mounting a 2 1/4" pyro gauge in one of those roll cage mounts in the open area of the stock center console (in front of the actual lidded storage space) and angling it up. I don't want to cut up the dash and down low works okay since its not a gauge I need to look at all the time.

I have the autometer boost and egt gauges in my dash vents. I sealed off the heater box and removed the ducting inside the dash. IIRC the gauges are 2 5/8"? I used the old sockets for spacers (with some cutting/filing) which you cannot see. Looks like a factory install, aside from the modern looking gauges. I don't really miss the air vents either.

DSLCRUZR
IMGP2772.jpg

hmmm, egt... I'd spend the money for a wideband o2 if I was going to the trouble....

jus' me.

t

Maybe try a dash top guage set up. I found that the inclimeter guages from an old 4runner match the landcruiser dash quite well. Maybe remove the stock inclimeter and use the housing?

IMG_2026.jpg

Nice

Great looking set up you got there T-bones, i'm wondering how did you run your harness for the altimeter set up in the middle,did you drill holes?what is the other gadget next to the altimeter?the one on the left is your GPS right?i thought of the same idea finding a 4runner altimeter housing to install gauges but can't find one that matches my dash (grey).pardon the hijack.:eek:

John:doh:

Great looking set up you got there T-bones, i'm wondering how did you run your harness for the altimeter set up in the middle,did you drill holes?what is the other gadget next to the altimeter?the one on the left is your GPS right?i thought of the same idea finding a 4runner altimeter housing to install gauges but can't find one that matches my dash (grey).pardon the hijack.:eek:

John:doh:

Thanks! The gadget next to the altimeter is a Lowrance 540C Topo GPS. I ran the wire for the 4runner inclimeter against the windshield in that little gap. Used brown wire so it wouln't be too noticable on the 2 inches of dash it covers getting to the back of the guages from the windshield. It only needs one wire and that's for the back lighting. Check Ebay, I see them in brown and gray for sale on there every now and then.

I have the autometer boost and egt gauges in my dash vents. I sealed off the heater box and removed the ducting inside the dash. IIRC the gauges are 2 5/8"? I used the old sockets for spacers (with some cutting/filing) which you cannot see. Looks like a factory install, aside from the modern looking gauges. I don't really miss the air vents either.

DSLCRUZR

That looks sweet, nice work

Thanks, found some better pics in one of my old threads...

Here is the A-pillar pods from the group buy. I wasn't a part of the group buy. I just bought them later from the same company that makes them. I forget how much they cost. I have boost & EGTs. I was going to put in oil pressure for the third gauge but instead I think I'll put in engine temperature. The thing that I really like about this setup is that it is super easy to see the gauges.

:beer: Chad
DSCN0475.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom