What Suspension? Ironman-OME (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OME vs. Ironman?

KING SPRING!!!

the CS are the part numbers for the OME Dakars while the other is for the OME made in australia if still avail.

OME does not "make" any springs in OZ they are all made overseas.

Just and FYI.

Cheers,

Michael

I already know that dakar are made in malasia ? or something close .. but I believe that OME coils are still made in AU .. not ..?

I already know that dakar are made in malasia ? or something close .. but I believe that OME coils are still made in AU .. not ..?

Nope OME stopped making springs all together themselves many years ago. The Dakar are actually Belton Springs made in Malasia, and the regular and other ones are made by whomever they contract too, usually made in Asia somewhere.

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking them at all just dispensing wih the the myth that they "make" their springs themselves or that they are made in OZ.

Cheers,

Michael

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking them at all just dispensing wih the the myth that they "make" their springs themselves or that they are made in OZ.

Tha't fine .. just to know the growing prices of all OME stuff are not related directly preice of labor in Australia ..

Tha't fine .. just to know the growing prices of all OME stuff are not related directly preice of labor in Australia ..

In oz it is cheaper to buy Beltons than OME Dakar,about $50 per spring;) It must be the the special OME paint:D

In oz it is cheaper to buy Beltons than OME Dakar,about $50 per spring;) It must be the the special OME paint:D

Bad for me I'm not interested in the OME paint .. but haven't the belton option here ..

Bad for me I'm not interested in the OME paint .. but haven't the belton option here ..

That is what you call "paying for a name" The painting and marking of the Belton for OME is done at the Belton Plant.

Cheers,

Michael

fitted OME shocks and springs yesterday and am absolutely amazed at the ride and handling onroad and off road! has ironed out all the bumpiness, really is cruising now. Highly recommended.

I tried e-mailling you a couple times re pricing and ordering with no response. It seems we are pretty much stuck with OME in western canada for an easy suspension replacement

Well if you are sold the OME I understand, However if you are still open to others I sell Dobinsons Suspensions (made in Australia, not just sold out of OZ like OME). And I have several 7x series suspensions in stock in my warehouse and shop in San Diego CA.

If you are interested you can check us out at:

http://www.westcoastcruisers.com/Suspensions.html

Cheers,

Michael

fitted OME shocks and springs yesterday and am absolutely amazed at the ride and handling onroad and off road! has ironed out all the bumpiness, really is cruising now. Highly recommended.

Hey Fred
I have 1995 kzj70 and have just put in OME 2" lift kit with steering damper and caster bush. I use my vehicle 80% on road 20% off road . Has your trucks speed performance decreased? Do you have too much rattling because of the stiffness and in 4H mode with moderately high speed 50-60 miles do you hear the transfer noise from the front differential when you leave the gas pedal.
It is really driving me crazy. I am so disappointed . The car also tilted front, don't have comfortable ride . I think I will have them taken out. The original shocks and springs had a much smoother ride with no sound. I wouldn't tell the difference if the 4H light was broke if it is 2WD or 4WD before.:frown:

could have told you that, you can not beat the dobinson suspensions for the KZ/LJ coil sprung trucks.

i have tested both side by side and the OME is acceptable, the dobinson is the cats ass...

could have told you that, you can not beat the dobinson suspensions for the KZ/LJ coil sprung trucks.

i have tested both side by side and the OME is acceptable, the dobinson is the cats ass...

I agree. I miss my Dobinson set up so much. You could drive 60 km per hour down a washed out logging road not spilling a drop. If they could only keep the truck level, that was my only complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom