Sunroof Alarm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I left the sunroof open last night, and its pouring up here in CT:bang: Isn't there supposed to be some sort of alarm if you take the key out and leave it open? I think the PO disabled it but i have no idea where it is.

I now have the heat and A/C running, along with a space heater, trying to dry out my cruiser:mad:

What a freaking idiot I am, any suggestions about the alarm would be great. Sincerely, The soggy bottom boy.

So I left the sunroof open last night, and its pouring up here in CT:bang: Isn't there supposed to be some sort of alarm if you take the key out and leave it open? I think the PO disabled it but i have no idea where it is.

I now have the heat and A/C running, along with a space heater, trying to dry out my cruiser:mad:

What a freaking idiot I am, any suggestions about the alarm would be great. Sincerely, The soggy bottom boy.

it does have an alarm... well my 92 does... it beeps relentlessly when i take the key out of the ignition if the sunroof or windows are open.... maybe the little buzzer wore it self out? i have no idea where it is, so i offer no help other than to say 'yes it does have one' heh.

huh, i was not aware of this feature, the PO of my truck installed an autopage alarm system (works great) but i always have the feeling that some of the items like this feature were disabled during the install. because i have no sound when any of my windows are open / sunroof is left open.

My '91 has an alarm for the sunroof. It sounds like the tone comes through the factory stereo, so if you guys have aftermarket radios that could be why your sunroof alarms don't work.

I think certain years had the alarm, my 93 did (my 96 doesn't), it never alarmed when windows were open, I have never heard of that before.

On my 95 LC (factory alarm), I hear 8 beeps when the sunroof is left open. But, I am still able to arm the alarm.

Well a high water alarm would have been sufficient for the amount of rain I just had in my truck:doh: I guess some years just don't have it. Anyway it gave me a good excuse to do a leatherique treatment, nice and toasty in there right now.

I thought the alarm only sounds when you leave the sunroof tilted (since the shade panel could be closed and you would never know).

I thought the alarm only sounds when you leave the sunroof tilted (since the shade panel could be closed and you would never know).

That's how I recall it worked in my 93, though that was a few years ago now.

Hmmm, never heard of that feature with an OEM alarm. Then again mine is a '96 like firetrucks.

For some aftermarket alarms, you can get a module(s) that will control the windows and sunroof with the key fob either through a function button or an auto up when alarm is armed.
I think my manufacturer requires one unit per pair of windows. If this case three would be needed, two for the windows and one unit for the sunroof.

However, if your window motors are as slow as mine, they probably wouldn't all be able to close at the same time. I notice a drastically reduced rate while just trying to close two windows at a time and that is with the engine on at 14V. I can't imagine trying it with 5 motors running at 12V with the engine off.

As a result, I usually open/close one at a time and sometimes lend a helping hand when it's cold out. If I were to add these auto up/down servos to my 80, I would have to replace all the window motors and rubber tracks as they seem to hang up on the old, dry rubber.

Anyway, just look up next time when you get out. Hope that Leatherique works out on the leather. Also, Fabreeze Anti-Microbial does wonders on moldy things too.

Aftermarket stereo here, and VERY annoying sunroof tilt/open alarm still works.
But, my "you left your headlights on, stupid" alarm no longer works.

So it seems '91-'94 has the alarm '96-'97 doesn't, I bet the '95 doesn't either but haven't heard from anyone about that year yet. Also Vasir added that it beeps when the windows are open as well on his '92, thats news to me:meh: Thanks guys, good info:cheers:

Mine beeps if I leave the sunroof open or tilted it's a 94

Ditto here.. I never knew what it was until I read about it in a thread 8 or so months ago.

Aftermarket stereo here, and VERY annoying sunroof tilt/open alarm still works.
But, my "you left your headlights on, stupid" alarm no longer works.

the lights dont have an alarm because they have an auto off feture. with the key out when you open the door they should go off, works in the 94 cruiser and 97 camry. i dont even bother turning the lights off anymore on the camry, they have always turned off every time for the last 7 years. the only time it wont work is when the key is in the ignition or the lights are turned back on after they auto off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom