So my CEL light is on... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your vehicle is no longer safe and must be disposed of. I recommend that you send it to me immediately and I'll take care of the disposal for you. :)

Go get the codes read. That will give you a pretty good idea as to what's wrong. The usual range for O2 sensors going out seems to be 120-140k, so you're in the ballpark.

My first CEL was at 126K. Bank 1 Sensor 1 if I recall...

There are many reasons that could've caused a CEL. You must get the code read. You can get the code read at some auto parts stores for free or just buy a code reader (bought mine for $50 at Harbor Freight).

CEL is telling you it wants it's grill back! :)

I'd say dollars to donuts it's one of your O2's, but like others have said either buy a reader or go down to Autozone and have them pull the codes.

Its your excuse time to get that Scan Gauge II you've always wanted.

Your vehicle is no longer safe and must be disposed of. I recommend that you send it to me immediately and I'll take care of the disposal for you. :)

Go get the codes read. That will give you a pretty good idea as to what's wrong. The usual range for O2 sensors going out seems to be 120-140k, so you're in the ballpark.

Will do. I hope it does not hurt my wallet:frown:

CEL is telling you it wants it's grill back! :)

I'd say dollars to donuts it's one of your O2's, but like others have said either buy a reader or go down to Autozone and have them pull the codes.

Thats cold haha thanks for the laugh though

Its your excuse time to get that Scan Gauge II you've always wanted.

Good idea!:)

If you have a smart phone you can get a cable that connects to your OBDII and it will diagnose it for you with the right app. Once less gadget to buy.

If you have a smart phone you can get a cable that connects to your OBDII and it will diagnose it for you with the right app. Once less gadget to buy.

Not sure if you are serious but that sounds cool haha sadly, all I have is an itouch:frown:

Not sure if you are serious but that sounds cool haha sadly, all I have is an itouch:frown:

He's serious. iTouch = iPhone when it comes to the basic apps like this one, I would think.

It'll work. Get the 'GOLink' and 'Fuzzy Codes' apps (free I believe). The cord is like $80, but the GOLink app effectively turns your iTouch into a scangauge of sorts. I'm sure someone will tell me it doesn't measure everything the scangauge does but it has some pretty cool functionality from what I have read - no firsthand experience.

Once less gadget to buy.

But gadgets on your dash are way c00l!

I sold my SC to a mud member for an UltraGauge. I like it and appears to be more versatile. It's still cheaper than the SC, with or without the $9 rebate.
Haven't thrown a code with it yet.

LJ, check other similar gauges out there before you buy so you don't change you mind later, or even that app Blue mentioned. In the meantime, get over to Vatozone to find out what it is.

$80 for a cord. You can buy a whole scanner for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom