Happy 750000 km birthday :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I <3 my Cruiser. Same engine too :)
IMG_0043.jpg

nuckin futs! good for you, congrats!

how bout some deets on the motor and maintenance history? oil intervals, etc?! was most of that mileage under your ownership?! where in the heck would that rig have been many times to rack up THAT kind of mileage?!
awesome to hear.
cheers.

Hey all:

My wife picked out the vehicle when she was three and it has been in the family ever since. They drove it everywhere for years including many trips to Ontario (from SK) and also a trip to the maritimes. I VERY HAPPILY inherited the vehicle about two - three years ago when it had just over 700000 km.

In terms of maintenance, it was never super well-maintained. My father-in-law ran 10W30 oil in the summer and 5W30 in the winter. I've recently started running a shell synthetic oil.

I did find a fuel tank, but it was WAY cheaper just to have the tank relined.

Just got back from a 2000 km weekend and she ran like a dream :)

Anyway, I have no possessions that I really care about besides this vehicle and I am a very proud owner right now :)

Adam

I have fuel tanks... how many do you want?

But Mr. Brau probably has one too.

~John

My HZJ73 just flicked over to 500,000 last weekend. It sucks because i missed it and saw it at 500,006 hahahaha.
Congrats.

1978hj45: we need to wait... 2lte are not long enough on the market!

I know....I was just trying to get a rise out of "Crushers".:)
(Sorta like chumming for sharks)
.......1978HJ45

congrats

what is the compression now?
has it been rebuilt? (i know you said same engine but had to ask)

if it would have been a 2LTE then you would be on your 4th or 5th head by now... :grin:

congrats

what is the compression now?
has it been rebuilt? (i know you said same engine but had to ask)

if it would have been a 2LTE then you would be on your 4th or 5th head by now... :grin:

That would equate to 150,000 kms per head.....not a bad average. ....bigger grin:)
.......1978HJ45

cause i have been told to be nicer to those ... handicapped ... individuals.

750K is very impressive. i had a BJ60 that showed almost that, one owner, decently maintained but the compression showed it needed rebuilding ... hence my question.

cause i have been told to be nicer to those ... handicapped ... individuals.

750K is very impressive. i had a BJ60 that showed almost that, one owner, decently maintained but the compression showed it needed rebuilding ... hence my question.

You truly missed your calling in life.....you should have been the one who is called upon by the police departments to talk the potential suicide jumpers off the high rise buildings.:)
I can almost hear your opening line: Hay dumb*ss ..jump, don't jump....I don't care.:)
......1978HJ45

i have a response for you but lets move over to chat ... we are ruining this guys thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom