Need me some Elevation ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We had a blast up there. Ended up camping in the same campground as Chris and Marde. Didn't even know that they would be up there. They even bought me a shirt!!!

We have to take care of our firemen. I am sorry I couldn't find one to match our hoodies!

It was nice knowing y'all were right there, and the kids had a blast. Brock was very happy to get home to his "old best friend". I am sure his new best friend, Bailey, won't be too upset. He does like chasing the women that are nearest to his house!!!

We had a blast up there. Ended up camping in the same campground as Chris and Marde. Didn't even know that they would be up there. They even bought me a shirt!!!

Now where is the picture of the shirt?

The appeal of this trail as quoted from our "Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" 2nd edition by Charles A. Wells was:

"... the road becomes a narrow ledge ... (Note: In late November of 1995, a Jeep slid off this portion of the trail and the driver was killed.)"

I snapped a few pics as Josh hugged the wall.

The pics really don't do this one justice ... it was a LONG fawkin' way down on the passenger side. :eek::eek:

:flamingo:

hahahahaha!!! this brings back memories. not that trail, but in an attempt to make a rising sun triple bypass run, paul and i ended up at the edge of schofield pass/devils punchbowl at about 3am...there's a big sign that advises against full size vehicles. check out your wells book on that trail (should be in the issue you bought).

great writeup and some awesome pictures! wish i'd known you'd made it all the way up to buena vista...i'd have worked up an impromptu chinaman gulch run. ran it about a week after you left...even stopped at the coyote for dinner:beer:

I dug back thru our archives and re-read this in it's entirety.

Damn-fine motivation to remind me what Brutus is meant for. :cheers:

Get er done Son!

I dug back thru our archives and re-read this in it's entirety.

Damn-fine motivation to remind me what Brutus is meant for. :cheers:

OK fine ... so Rubi and 'er Kamper just weren't meant to be and were short-lived ... and Brutus was a money pit that never even made it out West. :rolleyes:

Must be a jeep thang! :lol::lol:

But it's the dream that survived ... and the chase continues.

It's all about Livin' The Dream. :cool:

Get it son!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom