For Sale Longfields for '97 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I paid $750 for these new plus installation, and they probably have about 6K miles on them. They're installed in my LX450 right now, and I have no idea how to remove them. I had a shop do the install when I broke the driver's side front axle in Moab. That's when I upgraded to the Longfields. If someone wants to remove them from my truck, you're more than welcome to do so in exchange for your driver's side front axle and $400. I'll be doing the tear down of the truck in Rockford, TN the last weekend of the month, so that's when it would be easiest. If not, the truck will be back in Boone, NC the rest of the time after and before that.

I'm also selling a bunch of other stuff here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/414496-1997-lx450-sale.html

Chris

Do you have a part time kit installed? Only asking because longs are only good for 8-10k miles normally due to how fast they wear. (6k being well over half the life of these things) They are unbreakable but wear extreamly fast. That is why many 80's owners do the part time 2wd conversion if they buy them.

I can't remember if you did that conversion but if you did put me down as first in line.

Ouch..... not much lift left in em then.... I might bite if the price was much lower.

There's plenty of life left in them, and I probably have a buyer already.

Chris

Do you have a part time kit installed? Only asking because longs are only good for 8-10k miles normally due to how fast they wear. (6k being well over half the life of these things) They are unbreakable but wear extreamly fast. That is why many 80's owners do the part time 2wd conversion if they buy them.

I can't remember if you did that conversion but if you did put me down as first in line.

NO- you will get more milse than that not as long stock, 60k to 80k is more like it now. Thanks Bobby.:)

NO- you will get more milse than that not as long stock, 60k to 80k is more like it now. Thanks Bobby.:)

Bobby this is running in 4wd all the time??? I talked to you a few years ago and you told me these were not designed for a street rig running in full time 4wd and that they will last around 10k max doing that. Did you change the composition of them since then??

If I remember correctly, the part that wears out is the ball/cage. That can be purchased and replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom