Fog Light Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Was able to pick up a pair of PIAA 540 Fog lights at cost and want to mount directly to OEM bumper.

I've done the search thing looking for pics of lights mounted directly to stock bumper. I recall seeing some in the past. In doing the search found discussions about using either the existing bolts on the stock bumperor drilling thru the chrome cap and mounting that way. Any pros/cons to either method?

Anybody with any pics of either install? Don't care about brand of light, just the pic of the install on the stock bumper.

Will be ordering the wiring harness from our friend Christo.

Don't have a pic off hand, but BMT made some neat little z brackets that bolted to the front frame rails and came up above the stock bumper (BTW which is sitting in my garage due to an ARB...)

Kinda like this:

____Light
/
/
--------

-H-

I would advise using the existing bolts. I think they are in a good place for mounting. No need to drill holes. The brackets that came with the Hella 500 fit perfectly. My 100 has lights mounted on a bracket a little above the bumper and I like the flush mount look that the Hella 500 have on the 80.

80and
Could you post a photo? I'm interested in adding lights to my stock 99 front end and would appreciate a view of yours.
thanks
LT
8)

H,

May have to ponder offering to take those off your hands if the price is right. Haven't had time to look at the brackets that came with the PIAA's yet. First option is as 80 describes. The z brackets may be a secont or third option. Really don't want to drill if I don't have to. Did see a licence plate frame that had what I visually would describe as horns similar to a Texas longhorn out each side of the frame to use as a light mount. Avail in crome or black.

BMT - any pics of what H has?

Bolts are just a little far to the sides from where I'd ideally mount the fog's but may have to do. Again, the bracket with the PIAA's may dictate.

Don't have a pic off hand, but BMT made some neat little z brackets that bolted to the front frame rails and came up above the stock bumper (BTW which is sitting in my garage due to an ARB...)

Kinda like this:

____Light
/
/
--------

-H-

HI , please need more about BMT's information regarding to the Z bracket. I'm having a 7.5" fog lights need to go on my OEM bumper....Thanks a lot!!

I drilled new holes for my hella 4000s

IMG_7959.jpg

indcruz

awsome set up!! I'll consider this if no brackets available...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom