Front Diff Fill and Drain Plugs - PLEASE... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...will somebody for the love of God, show my dumbass PICTURES with little arrows pointing to where the plugs are????

There is NOTHING in my manual nor anywhere on the internet that I can find.

I dropped the damn plate and there are a dozen plus bolts in the general area of the differential.

THANK YOU.

The top picture is is of the drain hole (plug removed) and the second picture is of the fill hole (plug removed). {EDIT} Pictures originally taken and posted by "1911" in the thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...placement.html. Thanks "1911"!

Here is are the key steps: remove fill plug on side using 10mm hex, remove drain plug from bottom (also 10mm hex), drain completely, clean and reinstall the drain plug with a new crush washer, torque to 48 ft. lbs., refill with gear lube until it dribbles out of the fill hole, reinstall fill plug with new crush washer, torque to 29 ft. lbs.

And... Done! :beer:

Make sure to remove the fill plug first. It can be quite frustrating to drain the entire thing only to find that you cannot remove the fill plug.

I like 75W-90 synthetic Mobile 1 for the front diff.
ADD012.jpg
Fill Hole Plug (removed).jpg

Last edited:
The top picture is is of the drain hole (plug removed) and the second picture is of the fill hole (plug removed).

hmmm... those photos look very familiar! ;)

Yeah, I realize that once they are on the interweb, they are fair game. Glad that others find them useful.

Thanks for helping out Lee. Yes, I've found my pictures being used also. I found my build thread on a website that was "reconstructed" to appear like the work was done in their garage, go figure...

I found my build thread on a website that was "reconstructed" to appear like the work was done in their garage, go figure...

Wow, that is over the top, but I guess I'm not surprised these days.

Merry Christmas Jerry! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom